NW Chapter of the Lead-Head Society

by Glen, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 22:22 (3277 days ago)

Let me share a little something with you folks that I think you might be interested in. This weekend, I invited about a half a dozen of the more experienced bullets casters I know over for an afternoon of BS-ing -- open topic, anything cast bullet or gun project related. It was 70 degrees, and mostly sunny, light breeze, and we spent the afternoon recounting stories from how we got started casting, to hunting stories, to dumb stunts we've pulled, to ideas we have for future bullet mould/gun projects, etc. It was BYOB, but I provided snacks and a crock pot full of chicken tortilla soup. It was well worth it as most of these guys have been casting since the 1970s, so there was a fair amount of casting experience sitting at my patio table -- law enforcement, gunsmiths, materials scientists, engineers, career military, etc. We've decided to do this on a quasi-regular basis (and call ourselves "the NW Chapter of the Lead-Head Society") and meet several times a year. It was an honor to have these men at my table, and I look forward to out next meeting. You folks should look around at your shooting buddies and maybe consider doing something like this in your locale. It's a lot of fun and you can learn a lot.

by Kings6, Dallas, OR, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 23:12 (3277 days ago) @ Glen

I would have loved to have been a mouse in the corner and just listened and learned!

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, October 05, 2015, 07:54 (3277 days ago) @ Glen

Sounds like a good time...would like something similar around here.

Invaluable human resources! ;~`)

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Monday, October 05, 2015, 07:58 (3277 days ago) @ Glen

please, do, continue the Living Encyclopedia of Bullet Casting get-togethers.

RSS Feed of thread