Gun Free= Murder Spree Zones... Disobey those damn signs

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, October 01, 2015, 23:19 (3280 days ago)

and those damn laws! Do not depend on those "In charge" They would rather see you dead than get out of their comfort zone. You are the only one that cares about YOU!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Signs? What signs?

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, October 02, 2015, 08:09 (3280 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

We doan need no steenkin' signs.

Signs? What signs?

by Paul ⌂, Friday, October 02, 2015, 08:57 (3280 days ago) @ Hoot

I walked past several of them yesterday in the course of my day's activities, even before the news of the latest shooting reached my ears. No one said "Aye, yes or no" nor blinked an eye. The Simply Rugged pancake did its job and no one spotted the Llama. No armed security backed up with metal detectors? Then there's no reason to pay attention to the sign.

Signs? What signs?

by Big Six, Friday, October 02, 2015, 11:01 (3280 days ago) @ Paul

I walked past several of them yesterday in the course of my day's activities, even before the news of the latest shooting reached my ears. No one said "Aye, yes or no" nor blinked an eye. The Simply Rugged pancake did its job and no one spotted the Llama. No armed security backed up with metal detectors? Then there's no reason to pay attention to the sign.

and it ain't just here in the USA that the shootings occur as the media and the administration always like to imply.

From April:

http://nicholasstixuncensored.blogspot.com/2015/04/kenya-al-shabab-mass-murder-update-7...

THURSDAY, APRIL 02, 2015

Kenya Al-Shabab Mass Murder Update: 70 Dead, 79 Wounded, over 500 Hostages Freed, 4 Terrorists Dead
Re-posted by Nicholas Stix

More than 70 dead in Kenya university attack, 500 rescued
By Tonny Onyulo, Special for USA TODAY
11:26 a.m. CDT April 2, 2015
WFAA

NAIROBI — More than 70 people were killed and 500 students were rescued Thursday after armed terrorists stormed a university in northern Kenya in an attack targeting Christians. At least 79 others were injured.

Kenyan Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery said the number of deaths could rise as soldiers mop up the area near the Garissa University campus. The Somali-based Islamic terrorist group al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the attack that began early Thursday morning.

"We'll not allow terrorists to divide our country on religious lines," said Aden Duale, majority leader in Kenya's National Assembly.

The Kenya National Disaster Operation Center said operations were still ongoing, and Kenya's National Police Service reported four terrorists had been killed.

Earlier, heavy gunfire was reported at the college as the Kenyan military tried to end the siege. Two gunmen were killed as security officials intensified the rescue operation, the Interior Ministry said in the early evening.

On Thursday afternoon, Nkaissery had said 533 students were being held hostage and 282 had been rescued. The total number of students at the school is 815. Sixty staff members, including the principal, were also reported to have been held.

Students said the gunmen separated Christians from Muslims and were holding the hostages in a single dormitory, Kenya's National Police Service said. Explosives were reportedly staged around the Christian hostages, police said. Kenyan soldiers had taken control of the other two dorms on campus.

Police Inspector-General Joseph Boinett said there was a shootout between the attackers and police officers earlier Thursday. "We have the reports that the attackers shot aimlessly while inside the university compound," he said.

At least one suspect trying to flee the scene after the attack was arrested, police said. Kenyan police were offering a $220,000 bounty for Mohammed Mohamud, also known as Dulyadin alias Gamadhere, whom they believe is the mastermind of the attack, the Associated Press reported.

Students take cover in a vehicle after fleeing an attack by gunmen at Garissa University College on April 2 in Garissa, Kenya. Armed men stormed the university in northern Kenya, killing at least 21 and seriously wounding 65. More than 500 students remain unaccounted for. (Photo: AP)

Students who were able to escape said gunmen stormed the university, setting off explosives and shooting people on the campus just after 5 a.m. local time.

"Most of us were asleep when the incident happened," said Nicholas Ntulu, a student at the university. "We heard heavy gunfire and explosions. Every person ran for dear life as we passed the gunmen. Several (students) were shot dead. I only saw three gunmen heading to the hostels.

"There was nobody to help us at the time of the attack," he added. "The police officers took more than an hour to arrive at the scene."
President Uhuru Kenyatta urged Kenyans to stay calm. "This is a moment for everyone throughout the country to be vigilant as we continue to confront and defeat our enemies," he said.

Kenyatta also ordered the inspector-general of police to accelerate the applications of 10,000 recruits for the Kenya Police College.
"We have suffered unnecessarily due to shortage of security personnel," he said. "Kenya badly needs additional officers, and I will not keep the nation waiting."

Frightened students rescued from the university gathered at a military camp near the Garissa airstrip.
"The sounds of gunfire was all over — we couldn't tell what was the right direction to go to be safe," said Ann Musyoka, a second year student. "We had to face the gunmen — they shot several people as we escaped towards the gate."
Schools officials said students reported the gunmen attended morning prayers at the campus mosque before heading to the dorm. The claim could not be independently verified.

"I was not at the institution when the incident occurred but several students phoned me crying over the attacks," said Jacktone Kweya, the dean of students. "When I tried calling them back their phones were off. It's very disturbing."
Victims were rushed to the Garissa Level Five Hospital. An aircraft with several doctors aboard left for the town to airlift the critically wounded to the capital of Nairobi.

Gunmen attacked Garissa University College in eastern Kenya early April 2, shooting indiscriminately in campus hostels, killing at least two people and wounding four others, police said. AP

Robert Godec, the U.S. ambassador to Kenya, said the United States "strongly condemns" the attack.

"We extend our deepest condolences to all who have been affected," he said in a statement. "We also offer our profound appreciation and gratitude to the members of the Kenyan security services who are risking their lives to end this cowardly attack.

"The attack once again reinforces the need for all countries and communities to unite in the effort to combat violent extremism," he added.

The assault comes in the wake of an intelligence report issued last week by security officials warning that al-Shabab was planning an attack on major institutions in retaliation for Kenyan military action in Somalia as part of an African Union initiative against the group.

Al-Shabab has carried out several attacks in Garissa and across Kenya in the past few years, including the 2013 attack at the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi that left 67 people dead, and others on mosques in Mombasa, a coastal city in the east.

Nairobi-based security analyst Abdiwahab Sheikh said the incident highlights how the government has failed to shore up security in the country.

"The government has not learned anything from the Westgate attack," he said. "How do you allow terrorists to take students hostage for more 10 hours? I think our security forces need to learn from the past."

by Catoosa, Friday, October 02, 2015, 09:10 (3280 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Screw 'em. There is no place I need to go bad enough to walk through a metal detector to get there. If I am not welcome when legally armed, then I am not welcome period, and I will stay out of there.

Have told several restaurant managers that about their damm signs. None of them really seemed to care, so I guess they don't need my business.

Once upon a time......

by Ray L., Friday, October 02, 2015, 11:46 (3280 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

at a prior job, a group of us gunny folk mobbed together and approached our board of directors to protest a "no firearms allowed" policy.....Our duties and responsibilities, more often than not, required our presence in dark and lonely places where sometimes outlaws and brigands liked to assemble to socialize......Most of us chose to be discreetly lightly armed in these circumstances but because of the potential disparity of force in terms of numbers and deportment of the individuals encountered, we sought the blessings of our superiors to openly carry heavier armament......

The answer was an immediate, adamant, emphatic N O ! Here is their explanation paraphrased:

"If one of you were unfortunately injured or killed in the performance of your duties, you and the company would receive nothing but sympathy and pity......if on the other hand, an associate were to slay a customer/client, even if justified by the laws of self-defense, the result would be a scandalous legal and public relations nightmare...."

this excuse seems to be standard across the spectrum of industry, commerce, education, and public works......

Institutions find it easier to deal with their minions dying

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, October 02, 2015, 16:23 (3280 days ago) @ Ray L.

than the possibility of getting sued...that is why the need to be at best ignored. and we should start levying class action civil rights suits at them...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Yup - disposable employees

by stonewalrus, Friday, October 02, 2015, 16:27 (3280 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Nm

Once upon a time......

by Mark, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 08:03 (3279 days ago) @ Ray L.

I was told the same thing in my office. If I was killed during the performance of my duty, the legal and lawsuit fees are much less than if I were to legally defend myself while working (and that includes while I am not in the office but still doing my assigned duties at other locations). While I appreciate their honesty, I can only wonder how our judicial system got that point and how did our society let that happen.
Prayers sent for those folks who lost their lives just trying to live their lives as free Americans.
mark

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Friday, October 02, 2015, 19:47 (3279 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I could hardly believe a Denver News station had a security expert that said you can't stop these mentaly ill shooters and the best deterent was students and teachers with concealed carry weapons. Te State of Denver for Lords sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May be some of these lefties are getting the message.

Regards

Art

Arm yourself, because no one else here will save you.

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Friday, October 02, 2015, 22:55 (3279 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

It's a line from a song, but it's apt.

by jgt, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 08:31 (3279 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Call me paranoid, but I would not be surprised to learn someday that the one world government backers had a hand in grooming these depraved souls to do this stuff. I do know that the face of Wyden popped right up touting gun control even though the state officials said this was not the time. One more time gun owners get to be the whipping boy for the failure of the healthcare system. I was surprised to see a policeman saying that the places with the most gun control had the highest crime rates.

by Catoosa, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 10:26 (3279 days ago) @ jgt

Did anyone else note that the Obamination and his ilk were on the air almost within minutes shoveling their s__t on gun owners, the gun industry, Republicans, and anyone else who resists their demands for more gun control. It almost seemed to me as if they knew it was going to happen and had their response organized and ready.

Surely not.

RSS Feed of thread