Rewarded for stopping by the local pusher every Monday

by Fowler, Monday, September 28, 2015, 23:24 (3283 days ago)

Every Monday I stop into my local gun shop and check if they got any interesting powder shipments. Picked up some Longshot and HS6 recently but I was rewarded with fiding HP38, been looking for W231 or HP38 for 4 or 5 years without luck but I grabbed 5 pounds tonight! Been working on my last 8oz from about 12 pounds I bought 5 or 6 years ago. Been sweating not finding the stuff since it is what pretty much all of my target loads are based on.

Good day...

The closest Cabela's is pretty flush with powder these days.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 06:37 (3283 days ago) @ Fowler

As are a few other outlets. I already have a bunch but I should conduct an inventory and stock up while we can.

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 19:41 (3283 days ago) @ Fowler

I stopped by there on Monday to drop off a couple of Ruger Single Actions so Steve could do his great work. The first thing he said was about the new shipment of HP-38. Fortunatly I have been sble to buy all I want up in Wyoming along with HS-6. Sure would like to get some Unique thou. Glad you scored what you wanted.

Regards

Art

by Fowler, Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 19:52 (3283 days ago) @ Art

Scored a pound of Unique at Basspro today, still had a few more, not a powder I shoot a lot.

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 07:18 (3282 days ago) @ Fowler

Just for your information in case you do not know but a Sportmans Warehouse just opened at Hampden and Santa Fe in the River Point area. Last Unique I purchased was at one of their locations. Good luck on hunting powder.

Art

by Fowler, Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 20:21 (3282 days ago) @ Art

Yea I know about the new Sportsman's wear house, I haven't gotten into the new one yet but I bet it is exactly like all the others. I like the place far more than Bass Pro or Cabelas, but I had a few gift cards to Bass Pro that I needed to get rid of since they had been in the wallet for a couple of years. Bass Pro is always $5-8 a pound more than Green Mountain, if it wasn't for the gift cards I would have passed.

I always buy from mom and pop shops over the big box stores whenever possible.

RSS Feed of thread