Hey Hoot - it's Friday, treat yourself to something nice.

by John K., Friday, September 18, 2015, 12:09 (3294 days ago)

Thanks John! That's been on my watch list for a couple...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 18, 2015, 12:50 (3294 days ago) @ John K.

auction cycles now. I think he's purdy proud of that rifle unfortunately. In my opinion, there's a couple issues that would deduct from that price point.

Funny coincidence: I was just scouting the 'net for .256 Newton loads. I still haven't shot mine yet but ginned up some fairly modest loads to try out soon.

Did you also see the "Krag in .30 Newton"?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=507746726

Pretty sure it's not or, if it is, a feller better be paid up on his life insurance.

Cheers!

Mercy sakes. A Krag in 30 Newton?

by John K., Friday, September 18, 2015, 19:44 (3294 days ago) @ Hoot

No, I dont think so.

I still want to build a properly chambered 400 Whelan.

"...a properly chambered 400 Whelan."

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 18, 2015, 20:27 (3294 days ago) @ John K.

You and me both John. Let me know when you're all set up. ;-)

My hope with that particular Krag is that an extra Newton barrel was put into service for the 30 US chamber...set back and chambered of course, in which case it might be a pretty cool sporter. The bolt handle makes me do an unpleasant double-take though...

Rifle Loonies Us!

Mercy sakes. A Krag in 30 Newton?

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Monday, September 21, 2015, 11:09 (3291 days ago) @ John K.

If that Krag is truly chambered for a .30 Newton, I'd be most concerned about finding the bolt sticking out of my forehead after the first shot.

RSS Feed of thread