Need a holster for a 6" Luger.....

by Otony, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 13:37 (3296 days ago)

....and it has to be left-handed to boot. Other than El Paso Saddlery, I havent found anyone else offering such a beasty. Maybe a chest rig, maybe a belt holster, depends on who makes what.

Any suggestions? Rob?

Otony

May have chased down a lead.....

by Otony, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 13:55 (3296 days ago) @ Otony

....I recalled that Don Brown over at Ted Blocker holsters used to work for Lawrence Leather. Called him up, and sure enough, he has the old Lawrence Luger pattern for a snap-on field holster.

He says he can build it, but I would have to swing over with my Luger so they can block it. No aluminum dummy Luger in the shop, imagine that! :-D

I'm still looking for other options, but this would serve me very well.

Otony

I have a standard Luger and a ruler;-)

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 14:41 (3296 days ago) @ Otony

We can do a Lefty Scout for you

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Any chance we could stuff one in a Cattleman?

by Otony, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 16:33 (3296 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I know, I know, nothing in the Cattleman line comes close, pattern wise, while plenty of things in the Scout line are similar. I want a more traditional style shuck for this thing, heck, I could go for a real Southwest flair and ask for a Shootist!

Otony, sorta, kinda serious

email me

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 18:07 (3295 days ago) @ Otony

--

email sent.....

by Otony, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 22:24 (3294 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

....but I think I'm being a pest.

Otony

Relax. I've been pestering him too!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 18, 2015, 05:50 (3294 days ago) @ Otony

:-P

A lefty holster for a Luger is a rare thing....

by JD, Western Washington, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 14:48 (3296 days ago) @ Otony

Interarms made holsters for 6" lugers when they were importing the Mauser Parabellums in the 70"s (I have one for my 6" Mauser...), but none of them were left handed, and none of the military reproductions that I know of are available for a lefty. I'm sure you can find someone to make one, and the El Paso holsters are nice, and anything Rob makes is great too.....

I think I found a picture of your Luger...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 21:18 (3295 days ago) @ Otony

Bad ass! [image];-)

--

Naw, mine is gold-plated and has a bigger Red Dot!

by Otony, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 21:48 (3295 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

[image]

I took that silly rear sight off, and used Phillips head screws to attach a Barska Red Dot!

Otony ;-)

by Catoosa, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 10:25 (3295 days ago) @ Otony

An old revenooer who worked in East Tennessee and western North Carolina back in the 1920s carried his Luger in a holster that buttoned to his suspenders and pants waistband. Never saw a picture of it, but it sounded like a cool rig. He was said to be very fast and deadly with it.

by Drago, Friday, September 18, 2015, 16:26 (3294 days ago) @ Otony

Or If You're Feeling Creative.......

by Drago, Friday, September 18, 2015, 16:32 (3294 days ago) @ Drago

https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1119-how-to-make-holsters-by-al-stohlman.aspx

There's a pattern for a Luger flap holster. UIIRC it is for both 4" and 6".

Those are for a 4" Luger unfortunately.....

by Otony, Friday, September 18, 2015, 21:46 (3293 days ago) @ Drago

......and also made in China. I've always been suspect of Chinese leather.

Otony

RSS Feed of thread