More on (who you calling a moron?) .41 Special brass...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 11, 2015, 09:24 (3301 days ago)

Thanks to the kindness of Kings6/Robb, the query earlier this week has netted enough brass for me to do what I have in mind. At the same time, letters were dashed off to both Starline and Quality Cartridge to see if any more was forthcoming.

This reply was received from QC:
"The .41 Special is already in the schedule, but we are awaiting raw materials from our supplier.

The normal trigger point for a run is set before we run out, however without materials it really wouldn't matter how much was on back-order.....can't do anything without materials.

We are looking to have materials after the first of the year (so we've been told buy our supplier). Exactly when, well we haven't been given a delivery date yet.

If you'd like to be put on the back-order list, please give us all your contact info, along with qty. you like us to set aside for you, and we'll be sure to get a hold of you once the run is complete."

They list this brass on line at $59/50!! I will probably throw in for a few but it sure won't be 1k or so! (Robb, you want to rethink your price? ;-) )

No word from Starline yet.

More on (who you calling a moron?) .41 Special brass...

by Kings6, Dallas, OR, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 00:56 (3300 days ago) @ Hoot

No sir, the price is the price. It was quicker to look at Starline's price to get a comparable 44 Special brass price that it was to dig through my files and find what I paid for the 41 Special brass. I know it was more than $.21 per piece but it does not matter. What is important is I had it and a couple of guys could use it so why not share? I will never be rich but I sure sleep good at night!:-D

Robb, I certainly appreciate your generosity.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 23:09 (3299 days ago) @ Kings6

QC has always been on the 'outer edge' for their pricing. To be fair, they are dealing with obscurity and small lot sizes.

My comment was more of my being a smart mouth (my mother warned me...) than anything else. I have known you to be an honorable man for some time and I really appreciate you sharing with us.

Thank you.

Word from Starline.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 13:33 (3297 days ago) @ Hoot

To make a special run of something it would require a 100,000 piece minimum order, but we are planning on adding the .41 Special to our product line in the near future.

RSS Feed of thread