Some weeks the brain just does not engage...

by Brian A, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 10:35 (3304 days ago)

Loaded up 400 rounds of 44 mag, a box at a time, when I had a few moments, over the last month, then decided to reset the press for a new bullet and power charge. The first load was plinking ammunition with 8.0 gr Unique pushing a 240 gr SWC being propelled by some Wolf primers. For the next loads, intended to make up some hunting loads and use Remington primers that I had on hand. While changing the primers over it finally dawned on me the Wolf box said 'magnum' primers, did not even remember having any magnum primers in stock, well shoot. Will be interesting to see how they shoot, glad they were not heavier loads that I may have to worry about them going over-pressure, or it would be no fun to break them all back down. Still, a little reminder that it is a good idea to pay attention to all the little details when reloading.

I get pretty much constant reminders...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 11:07 (3304 days ago) @ Brian A

:-|

Most, like yours, not too serious. There are days however, when one just has to walk away and come back later. Being stubborn doesn't help much in these cases (don't ask me how I know).

by Brian A, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 17:23 (3304 days ago) @ Hoot

Stubborn? I just don't understand how people can be stubborn. I am a redhead of Scotch, Irish, German heritage, and we are known far and wide for being such mellow, easy-going people. Nope, not a single stubborn bone in my whole body.

If you believe that, I heard about a real deal on a bridge....

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 07:57 (3303 days ago) @ Hoot

;~`) Yup....

Some weeks the brain just does not engage...

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 11:10 (3304 days ago) @ Brian A

I know what you mean. Today I was setting the powder measure for 10 gr of AA9, got it spot on (I thought), then threw 10 into the cup for an average weight like I always do and got 200 gr !! What, I thought, tried it again. Same results...thinking again, something's wrong. I tried the electronic scale (not as accurate) and got 200+ gr. Thinking again, ahhh, engage brain, tick marks on the beam scale are 10 gr each, not 5 gr. Glad I have a double check built into my routine.

I have done the same thing...

by Brian A, Tuesday, September 08, 2015, 17:17 (3304 days ago) @ Cherokee

Except I over-filled the first case. One of the reasons I don't like using Bullseye or any other powder with low loading density.

RSS Feed of thread