Interesting video on J.M. Browning, the father

by CJM @, Sunday, September 06, 2015, 18:00 (3305 days ago)

And who can name the Spaghetti Western in which a harmonica

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 07, 2015, 15:14 (3305 days ago) @ CJM

rifle was used?:-D

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Harmonica?

by cas, Monday, September 07, 2015, 20:35 (3304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

[image]

Ha!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 11:20 (3303 days ago) @ cas

:-D

--

And who can name the Spaghetti Western in which a harmonica

by Catoosa, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 10:16 (3303 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I'm thinkin' Once Upon a Time in the West, but what I recall in that flick is a real harmonica...

Interesting video on J.M. Browning, the father

by Harry O-1, Monday, September 07, 2015, 17:08 (3305 days ago) @ CJM

For a short few years, J.M. Browning, the father, had a gunshop near where I live. It was a few miles south of present day Council Bluffs, IA. It was on a the intersection of a small creek (that no longer exists) and the Missouri river. I also read that he had a pile of useless rifles and other pieces of metal in a pile at the gunshop that he would use to fix other guns.

Bellevue was in existence at that time (on the opposite side of the river and a little bit south of the creek) and I located a map that showed the streets of Bellevue and the creek. From there I found a couple of angles from the streets to the creek. I went out to those streets and checked the angles, I found that where his shop was is now under a levee of the Missouri river. Anything that was there was hauled out years ago and covered with compacted clay. I kind of expected that, but this confirmed it.

I am not sure, but I seem to think that he built this harmonica rifle at that gunshop.

Yule Brenner 1970 ...My first time at the movies by myself

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 11:22 (3303 days ago) @ Harry O-1

Adios Sabata

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066745/

--

RSS Feed of thread