Simply Rugged 25 cent Shop Tour

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 18:23 (3317 days ago)

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 18:31 (3317 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I enjoyed the vid! One of my Dad's close friends when I was growing up was a purveyor of leather goods, mainly saddles, harness, boots, etc. though he'd did make me a holster for my first "sixshooter", a capgun of make I can't remember. I loved going to his shop. Something about the smell. That shop had been there since the 1870s and my visits were 100 years later. Sadly, its gone now. As a diehard Simply Rugged fan, it was a very enjoyable video.

It was easily worth TWICE that! I enjoyed it, gents!

by Caz, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 21:10 (3317 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Really...I DID!

And all this time.......

by Murphy @, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 21:28 (3316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

here I had poor ole' Rob sitting at a bench slaving away. Drawing patterns on leather, with a stitching groover, overstitch tool, oblong punch, stitching awl, edge beveler, snap setter and an exacto knife all at hand. Working his fingers to the bone and sweatin' like a hound.

Who knew?

Great shop Rob & Jan!

BTW, Rob you're looking thinner friend. Keep up the good work!

Murphy

by Brian A, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 21:53 (3316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Excellent, loved the tour, thanks for posting it.

You mean to tell me.....

by Glen, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 22:25 (3316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

...that I can buy that whole shop for 25 cents?!? ;-)

I like it!

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Thursday, August 27, 2015, 03:43 (3316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Great looking shop. You are Blessed, some day I got to come visit you .:-D :usa:

Impressive Rob!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 06:50 (3316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

A long way from your 8x10 in Alaska.

by Ken O'Neill, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 08:12 (3316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Thanks for the tour, Rob & Boge.

by Paul S (post as Paul105 on other forums), Montana, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 08:27 (3316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Really enjoyed the video. Couldn't believe how much Boge's voice sounded like Jeff.

I have one of the original "awl & knife" holsters. It's been my everyday carry rig since I got it. It's a permanent fixture on my pants belt. IIRC this was made while Rob was still in Idaho, just before he went to Alaska. Rob has offered to refinish on several occasions, but it is perfect for my purposes as is.

This picture was taken quite a while ago, and the the holster has seen considerable use since.

[image]

Paul

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 08:48 (3316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

The best part for me was hearing Rob and Boge talk. Boge sounds just like his brother Jeff.

Nice, Paul. I've got a rest stop holster

by brionic @, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 09:39 (3316 days ago) @ Paul S (post as Paul105 on other forums)

that Rob made on the side(s) of the road while en route to AK.

Mine is a little Silver Dollar shuck for my beloved M63. Rob wanted it back, a few years ago, for deep sixing, but the boys love it and I just can't bear to part with it.

Understandably, though, it doesn't hold a candle to any of his current offerings. It's just a throwback to ought-whatever, that still holds appeal and is damn useful.

Now that was great.....

by Otony, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 09:53 (3316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

......makes me want to take a road trip to see you again, and meet the family and crew.

Otony

Very, very enjoyable, interesting and informative.

by Charles, Friday, August 28, 2015, 12:54 (3315 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I like it..allot.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, August 28, 2015, 13:25 (3315 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Good tour, love leather working...Best of luck for the future

RSS Feed of thread