Paid $750 for all three....

by Otony, Monday, August 17, 2015, 16:51 (3326 days ago)

Smith 629-5 that is cherry, no box, HKS speedloader

Colt Combat Commander, pre '80 series, about 90%, no box, Pachmayr grips, Kings drop-in grip safety

Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk that is cherry, no box, Pachmayr grips

All in a Gun Guard briefcase

[image]

How did I do? :-D

Otony

Wow!

by MR, Monday, August 17, 2015, 18:03 (3326 days ago) @ Otony

So you paid a great price for the S&W

by cubrock, Monday, August 17, 2015, 18:05 (3326 days ago) @ Otony

and got the other two free!

Ayup, that is the way I saw it!

by Otony, Monday, August 17, 2015, 18:29 (3326 days ago) @ cubrock

Fellow came into the shop with his late father's guns. Didn't want anything to do with them. Had already tossed out the boxes, accessories, etc.

He was a bit dismayed when I mentioned the boxes would have increased the price. I tried to get him to agree to selling it all on consignment, explained he would get a whole lot more. Nope! He wanted cash right now. I said $750 as my warning shot across the bow, figured he would up the ante. Nope!

I am taking the 629-5, my good buddy Abner is taking the Colt. We will sell the SBH in the shop. BTW, the SuperBlackhawk is pre-warning.

Otony

Ayup, that is the way I saw it!

by Catoosa, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 10:15 (3324 days ago) @ Otony

That Commander alone is worth $750 or more.

It is sad to me that so many people attach no more value to the things which apparently meant much to their parent, simply because they themselves have no interest in such items or worse, an unreasonable antipathy toward them.

I hope the so-n'-so's daddy kicks his butt when they meet again!

So, both the best and worst part of working here.....

by Otony, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 13:36 (3324 days ago) @ Catoosa
edited by Otony, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 16:03

.......is seeing what folks bring in. Best, because I'm getting first right of refusal at one of the best gun shows on the planet. You can't imagine the stuff people bring in to sell, swap, or pawn.

Worst is the day like I've described above. I had a young man bring in a half-dozen custom made fishing rods, high quality, every single one. His grandfather's name was hand painted by the maker on each rod so perfectly that I thought it was a manufacturers logo. No, it was grandpa's name, and this punk was selling them for beer money.

"I don't need 'em " he said. I cry inside a little bit every time I recall that my sister took all my mothers pictures and destroyed each one. And here this punk is SELLING his ancestry.

Broke my heart.

Otony

Wow!...

by Boge Quinn, Monday, August 17, 2015, 18:52 (3326 days ago) @ Otony

Did you wear a mask?
:-)

Just goes to show ...

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Monday, August 17, 2015, 19:00 (3326 days ago) @ Otony

Apparently those bedwetting liberals are good for something after all.

Marvelous! I'm sure you feel just as guilty as me, NOT!

by ERSisk @, Monday, August 17, 2015, 21:06 (3325 days ago) @ Otony

nm

i honestly tried to get him to do a consignment

by Otony, Monday, August 17, 2015, 21:28 (3325 days ago) @ Otony

He would have doubled his money. But you could see that he wanted nothing to do with any of it.

I ASSumed my first offer would at least wake up the rug merchant that hides inside each of us, but naw, he wasn't having any of that either.

He knew from my consignment offer that he could get substantially more, so my only regret is not offering him $600.

Otony

If you play your cards right

by BC, IA, Monday, August 17, 2015, 21:36 (3325 days ago) @ Otony

You'll both walk away with enough money for dinner dates.

Excellent dealing.

RSS Feed of thread