Added more phots A great time at Gunsite Industry event

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 17:59 (3327 days ago)
edited by Rob Leahy, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 21:23

So, 2 years ago, I picked up a Pac-Lite barrel. JT's fault, of course. I had a semi beater MKII skinny barrel around the house. It was so tite I figured I would break it trying to disassemble it with my shaky grasp of disassembly skills being long gone. Gave the skinny barrel to a friend that needed a .22.
John K and Matt O. were here this week. We wanted to use a KDM .22lr can at Gunsite... Out came the Pac-Lite kit... no real good candidate for the conversion. Matt O. comes up with a Standard Model skinny barrel ("MkI") at Bucky O'Neill Guns. He gifted it to me, d during one of many, after hours get together there. John K deftly assembles it and Scott T shows up about then with his .22/45 Lite... suppressor ready... It was a fun evening with good friends. Boge was there as well. a Gemtec 40 pill will penetrate 10 inches of Ballistic Jell...We all had a great time, Thank you again, Matt! Thanks John! Boge and Scott it was great spending time with you fine men. We will do this again and be able to invite many more of you good folks. Now I need to get a NFA trust rolling and acquire some of John Killebrew's excellent Suppressors!
[image][image]John K., Matt O., Boge Quinn, Rob Leahy[image]John K., Boge Quinn, Scott T., Matt O.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Outstanding. I am drumming my fingers waiting for IA

by brionic @, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 18:07 (3327 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

to pass the NFA legislation... and join the 21st century... SPECIFICALLY so I can get a Ruger pistol and let John work his magic on it.

Yeah, other platforms and calibers would be nice, too... but the .22 pistol really draws me.

Thx for the update. Sounds like a great time. Good friends, good guns, and tall tales.

by John K., Sunday, August 16, 2015, 18:56 (3327 days ago) @ brionic

I know what you mean, Brian - love 'em. Tremendous utility in a small package. Pic of a Ruger 22/45 (factory threaded) with Fastfire III and one of my cans:

[image]

[image]

Pic of a thread job on a Ruger Hunter:

[image]

[image]

[image]

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 19:00 (3327 days ago) @ brionic

For those of us who have never met other folks on this forum, it would be nice to associate some names with the pic's...just saying

by John K., Sunday, August 16, 2015, 19:18 (3327 days ago) @ Cherokee

First pic:

John K., Matt O., Boge Quinn, Rob Leahy

Second pic:

John K., Boge Quinn, Scott T., Matt O.

Oof!!

by brionic @, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 20:04 (3327 days ago) @ John K.

Clean.

Just what the doctor ordered!

RSS Feed of thread