Must be a run of good luck or "finds"...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 06:47 (3327 days ago)

After setting up the varmint/benchrest pistol (10" .223 Rem barrel on Contender frame with Pachmayr grip and forearm) I got it into my head that I "needed" a third and maybe fourth Contender frame. As we know, they don't make these any more and prices have been climbing steadily. So I thought I'd just check out Gunbroker, you know, just to get familiar with pricing just in case one came prancing by looking for a buyer. We all know how this goes despite the best of intentions. Now I'm working to finish this transaction but I did get a frame AND a barrel for about what just the frame usually costs now. I was surprised that I won the auction. Receiver=$270+, barrel=$200+, sight (I figured)=$50-100, and then there's the wood.

[image]

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Must be a run of good luck or "finds"...

by uncowboy, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 08:36 (3327 days ago) @ Hobie

That set up with the old aimpoint is amazingly easy to shoot and and make hits on little targets far away. I have been thinking of setting a bbl up just like that again. J.michael

My first Contender had the same aimpoint. I prefer those

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 11:00 (3327 days ago) @ uncowboy
edited by Rob Leahy, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 13:19

Steve Herrett designed stocks to all others. ...Good show!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I guess I'll be trying that set-up, looking forward to it.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, August 17, 2015, 07:06 (3326 days ago) @ uncowboy

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread