A bit of prayer cover...

by Byron, Friday, August 14, 2015, 16:05 (3329 days ago)
edited by Byron, Friday, August 14, 2015, 16:23

Teresa has fallen in with the wrong sort of people lately. As an example, they have convinced her that unless she qualifies and runs the Boston Marathon that her life is simply wasted as well as much other bull not suited for a well bred 52 year old women with kids and an old husband at home to care for.

This morning early she left for Ft. Carson to stay in housing for the night with carousing tomorrowing in the Springs. Half of this crowd have clearances so they will probably stay out of the pot shops but it is widely known this is a drinking club with a running problem.

Sunday morning she will run the Pike's Peak Marathon starting at 6500ft elevation and headed uphill for 13.1 miles of broken trail and switchbacks to 14,500ft and then down the hill to the bottom and the beer.

Sounds remarkable horrible to me. She is absolutely tough enough but the altitude will be killer.

Positive vibes, please. She will need them.

Byron

[image]

A bit of prayer cover...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, August 14, 2015, 18:01 (3329 days ago) @ Byron

A bit of prayer cover...

by uncowboy, Friday, August 14, 2015, 19:29 (3329 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Beyond stud! Very impressive. Always thought I would be in great shape in my later years but playing too hard in my younger years spent the future. I am impressed Beyond belief and a bit envious witch for me is saying a lot. I don't have an envious bone in my body. Wish you both success. Very inspiring. Bless all. Great Luck. J.Michael

She will do just fine. I`ll send a prayer your way .

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, August 15, 2015, 03:45 (3328 days ago) @ Byron

;-)

A bit of prayer cover...

by Ken O'Neill, Saturday, August 15, 2015, 06:36 (3328 days ago) @ Byron

6500', then up 13.1 miles to 14,500'. Oh, man.... there has never been enough beer on a Coors truck to motivate me enough for that! Best wishes to her ....

A bit of prayer cover provided but I suspect that she's

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, August 15, 2015, 07:40 (3328 days ago) @ Byron

more than prepared.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

A bit of prayer cover...

by jgt, Saturday, August 15, 2015, 10:23 (3328 days ago) @ Byron

Done. She has got to be the toughest woman in the world to train in house slippers. :-D :-D

I have not one bit of doubt she will do fine.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, August 16, 2015, 13:13 (3327 days ago) @ Byron

We'll say a good word anyway.

RSS Feed of thread