I made another batch of bullet lube today....

by Glen, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 19:00 (3345 days ago)

I made another batch of moly grease bullet lube today, and thought I'd share the details as I get asked about this on a regular basis. First off, my lovely wife bought me a 2-quart aluminum pitcher at some clearance sale (I think she paid $1 for it). Using our kitchen scale, I weighed out 14 ounces of yellow beeswax (in chunks). Next, I went outside to our propane grill and fired up the little side burner that is supposedly there to heat sauces on (all I have ever used it for was making bullet lube), and placed the beeswax over a medium flame (in the pitcher). While that was melting, I took one 14 ounce tube of Sta-Lube Extreme Pressure Moly-Graph All-Purpose Grease and removed both end caps. Using a butter-knife (dedicated to this purpose), I scooped out the grease into the pitcher. After all the grease was in the pitcher, I used the knife to stir the mixture until all the wax had melted. Then I turned the heat off, covered it with aluminum foil, and let it cool. All told, it took me about 10 minutes to make almost 2 lbs of bullet lube.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 07:41 (3344 days ago) @ Glen

Is this for a Luber/sizer? Do you just hear it up and pour it in or form tubes like I've seen some guys do?

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Yes, it's for a lube-sizer...

by Glen, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 15:57 (3344 days ago) @ Slow Hand

...and yes, I just melt it and pour it in. I have never bothered making a mould to make sticks.

by TomM, Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:34 (3343 days ago) @ Glen

Hey Glen,
Have you used up all that last batch of beeswax I sent?

Nope.....

by Glen, Saturday, August 01, 2015, 13:21 (3342 days ago) @ TomM

....still working on it. Thanks again!

Love simple

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Friday, August 07, 2015, 21:20 (3336 days ago) @ Glen

RSS Feed of thread