Has anyone heard from Don S since his request for prayer?

by Caz, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 16:15 (3356 days ago)

nm

Has anyone heard from Don S since his request for prayer?

by Otony, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 16:45 (3356 days ago) @ Caz

He posted a picture on Facebook yesterday.

Otony

My situation...

by D. Sikes, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 17:33 (3356 days ago) @ Caz

for those that didn't know... for the past 17 years, we've had a "partner" here at the ranch... he became "Family" to my wife and me... more of a brother than my blood brother is.. and more like a combo "son" and "life partner"... without all the "extras"... just in heart, spirit, and financially... he was so much a part of my "close family" taht he was legal partner to the ranch and enheritance...

well... that all came to an end this last weekend... with a betrayal of heart and spirit... he was my "fox-hole" mate and a "heart" mate to my wife... we lived a "commune" life without the "physical entanglements"... (I am straight... GRIN)

that's more than I've told most anyone else who isn't family about who "we" were and "are" ...

anyway... he is gone for good... and we're trying to pick up the pieces financially, spiritually, and emotionally... I've had to sell some guns this last week to pay for legal fees and a start to paying off debt that we have that I alone must now pay for without financial assistance from him...

anyway... thank you all for your prayers and concern over my welfare... you really don't know how much that means to me... ya'll are my "family" too...

Brotherly Man Hugs...

Don

Hang tough. We are praying for you. I have faced treachery

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 19:52 (3356 days ago) @ D. Sikes

from folks that I once trusted, helped and cared for...always a bad sick feeling.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Hard stuff to handle. God bless you and your wife!

by Caz, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 19:53 (3356 days ago) @ D. Sikes

nm

May God Bless & heal you

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 22:13 (3356 days ago) @ D. Sikes

My situation...

by bpjon, Sunday, July 19, 2015, 01:19 (3355 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Do you have a PayPal account?

My situation...

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, July 19, 2015, 08:20 (3355 days ago) @ D. Sikes

I'm sorry to hear that. Some folks don't understand true friendship. :(

My wife and I are down in Flippin, AR this morning. Wish we had a chance to stop by and say "Hi!" in person, but our route north later today is further east and we've got a schedule to keep. :-|

But you know that those of us here on the forum we care what happens in your life. Hang in there!

Prayers sent....

by Brian A, Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:21 (3355 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Betrayal is never good, hopefully all will be right again soon.

thank you all.....

by D. Sikes, Sunday, July 19, 2015, 14:55 (3355 days ago) @ D. Sikes

thank you all for your support, words, and prayers....

it's been over a week and I still am in a daze.. wake up and go thru the day expecting to see him in the kitchen cooking or out in the garden weeding or doing other "chores" around the farm/ranch ... still very saddened and sorta "lost and confused"...

my wife and I are both disabled to certain extent and one of the biggest things that he did was to help us with the physical labors needed here at the farm/ranch... and he also did most of the cooking and physical theropy assistance as we needed it... it's amazing how "dependent" we become of someone who is there on a daily basis to assist in things that you would like to do yourself but just not able to... I still have not gone out to the garden to weed and pick veggies (which needs to be done or we'll lose the crop)... I've only cooked one "good" meal in the last week... mostly snacked when we did get the urge to actually eat... haven't slept more than about 6 hours in the last 5 days... it's just existing from moment to moment....

I have to get out of this slump and "live"... start breathing again and look forward to each day and actually see a future that is bright... and seeing and reading ya'lls comments help me do that... thanks for being there...

now I have to get the heck out of my chair and go out to the garden and pull weeds.. I figure if I do a "row" a day.. I can get most of the garden done before I have to go back to the first row again... tomorrow, I'll add fixing up the chicken coop to the list... it's a never ending job of chores here on the farm/ranch... but then.. maybe that's a good thing...

if by any chance any of ya'll would like to chat (phone) sometime.. I'm at 417-683-0280... maybe distract me with talk of guns... GRIN ... I am on FB too as some of you already know.

thanks again...

Don Sikes

One foot in front of the other.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 15:09 (3353 days ago) @ D. Sikes

It's how I had to do it when I found myself in 'that place'. Taking that first step was the toughest. You may never break into a run but you'll be moving and moving is better than sitting.

Hang in there Don.

RSS Feed of thread