Pocket carry problem - one pocket for pistol, other pocket

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 20:58 (3359 days ago)

Full of keys and Swiss Army knife. Where to carry my "real" knife (Cold Steel Ti Lite)? I have been slipping it alongside my pistol but probably not a good idea. The way I dress I don't want a bulky sheath on my belt. Any ideas?

I carry my Cold Steel Ti Lite...

by cas, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 21:05 (3359 days ago) @ stonewalrus

..in my back pocket along the right side my wallet.

It's not a knife I "use" though, so it never comes out of my pocket.

that is where I carry my tactical flashlight but maybe I

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 21:13 (3359 days ago) @ cas

Could move it elsewhere.

I only carry knives with pocket clips

by bj @, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 22:21 (3359 days ago) @ stonewalrus

This both helps and hurts. With a big knife clipped to a pocket it is hard to get your hand in that pocket. The advantage is that even with a relatively heavy knife clipped to my pocket I don't feel it.

I have one pocket full of pens, flash drive, and flashlight. The other pocket has my cellphone and a folding knife clipped to the top of the pocket. I usually carry my keys clipped to a belt loop. They will fit in my pocket with the pens and so forth if I'm desperate but clipped to the belt loop is very convenient. So I couldn't carry a gun in a pocket even if I had a pocket gun.

Easiest solution is cargo pants/shorts. I end up carrying

by StoneWolf, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 22:33 (3359 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Cell in back pocket (hate phone holsters) with keys, a clip knife, and extra mag in my non gun pocket. I also really cut down on the keys I carry to make more room. I think this is a problem we all face especially when carrying concealed in a professional/formal setting where you can't have ten things on your belt.

leave the Swiss Army knife with Boy Scout Gear.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 23:11 (3359 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Carry a pocket clip on your strong side. Pocket pistol on the weak side (PRACTICE!) Multi tool weak side behind mag pouches. Primary pistol behind strong side hip. Bowie behind or next to or slightly in front of mag pouch.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Some rules to live by

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 11:14 (3358 days ago) @ stonewalrus

[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Same here...

by Boge Quinn, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 11:59 (3358 days ago) @ bj

Front right pocket: Ruger LCP w/CT Laser (occasionally something else, but 99% LCP)
Front Left Pocket: Keys, Zippo, change, etc. - knife clipped to pocket
Rear right pocket: bandanna, Simply Rugged pouch w/ 2 extra magazines
Rear left pocket: wallet

I often carry a larger weapon (DA, SA, 1911, etc) in a shoulder rig, but the pocket pistol is always there.

where do you carry the howitzer?

by stonewalrus, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 19:06 (3358 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I am looking into horizontal knife/magazine pouches for my knife. My Maxpedition bag is never far from me and it has a Leatherman tool and a 6" blade Cold Steel Holdout.

RSS Feed of thread