Prayer cover if you would...

by D. Sikes, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 13:25 (3362 days ago)

I know it is awkward for some of you with this coming from me... but...

We are going thru some critical life changes here at home... family breaking apart... hearts broken..

have cried all I can and laid my heart in God's hands... could use a bit of brotherly love...

will probably be selling everything I can to cover bills...

I'm too old... don't know if my heart can take any more of this stuff in my life... maybe it's getting close to "go home"...

love all you guys... we may not have seen eye to eye on a lot of subjects but ya'll are sill my brothers...

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 13:28 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

May God's Hand be upon you now & forever more.

by Amerileiro, SW MO, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 13:42 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Will do. I'm praying for you right now.

by cr., Sunday, July 12, 2015, 13:49 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Prayer sent.

Absolutely Don.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 14:32 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

I have always enjoyed seeing your name and reading what you have written. Praying that all works out for you.

It doen't matter if we always agree. You gotr it Don.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 14:41 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Call me if you want to chat.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Certainly Don...

by rob @, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 16:34 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

We don't always have to agree to love and care for one another.

Absolutely

by mcassill, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 16:37 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

by Murphy @, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 16:47 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Prayers sent.

Don, you've been around this board as long as I can remember. I always look back at the old days when we had a chatroom and remember our conversations with good memories.

May God watch over you and things get better.

Murphy

You've got it Don.

by MR, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 16:55 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 18:41 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

You have our brotherly love, care and prayers for God's hand upon you and the situation...

I'm sorry to hear it, Don. Prayers on the way.

by AkRay, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 19:31 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Will do.

by TomC, High Ridge Missouri, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 19:45 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

mn

Don, you got it.....

by Otony, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 20:23 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

.......and just in case you need someone to talk to, 509-629-2969

Otony

will do

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 21:38 (3362 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Hoping for the best for you, Don.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

you got it Don , Prayers sent

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Monday, July 13, 2015, 04:03 (3361 days ago) @ D. Sikes

GodBless

by jgt, Monday, July 13, 2015, 07:19 (3361 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Done........May he bless you greatly.

you will be in my heart and prayers daily. May God

by cable, Monday, July 13, 2015, 09:50 (3361 days ago) @ D. Sikes

help and protect and bless you.

You are not alone in these transistions, past or now...

by John Meeker @, Monday, July 13, 2015, 10:59 (3361 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Aging of our persons, changing relation ships, livelihoods, assorted health issues, investments, de-vestments, and just hitting the bottom line have cleaned me out a couple of times, It does require some bit of stoicism to know that you are back to just getting started -- over and/or again.

I'll brother up and say that the process is, short of terminal illness, on of the most soul-eating things that you may endure, in our peacetimes. You have to do the right thing, by those to whom you have obligations: 'whether or not' -- 'or whomever or not."

Now, I face a different version of this, and know that by the time I am done with a 'perfect storm' of health and aging and growing inability to perform the requirements of my trade -- that there a big changes we are facing. Over the nights of this weekend I was physically laid out with sleeplessness, pain, and nightmarish worry. By three-four AM this day, I was pretty much convinced that the stresses and injuries were going to sink my frail barque.

Somehow, dawn came, and coffee and some breakfast -- and I was still here. Now I have to disassemble years of lumber, tools, workbenches, specialized and hard to find items, and to cope with a reality that found me....Fate has two-edged sense of humour, BUT -- our Faith and God's hand to our endurance -- may take us beyond the these days, and into a new and lighter phase of 'owning' and 'family'. I once took years, to finally put a away a long-ago torch-fire of 'a passion forever." It wasn't. And it turned out that I had another life, and a good one, at that.

The opportunity to simplify complex and insoluble problems, is not easy or welcome. But with faith and a 'know it will get better' with time, there will come a day of owning yourself and life, again. I will say flat-out that I did not have that faith, when it started, back then. Now, my present situation is not perfect, but I know that the threads may be picked up and re-woven in a different pattern. There is a Caretaker, and the rougher it gets, the more you may find solace and the will to go on. As well, with that belief, there is no rule against a doctor prescribing palliative chemistry. It can lift a great deal of the stress, and enable you to better deal with the problems with which you are dealing.

I wish you the resource to continue, and that you add a some earthly chemistry to the present requirements. I write all this to you, having had bone aches, sleepless and relentless thinking, and a false certainty that this was 'it'. It isn't -- a change in life is not the end of life -- let those go who must. You can come thru it, and have a happier life, in the end by scaling our hopes and dreams and relationships to what the reality requires. Today I am blessed with a renewal of hope, that our present trial will produce a better and simpler life. May God go with you, and bring the light of the new future, to you.

by Passing By, Monday, July 13, 2015, 20:21 (3361 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Don, i have never disagreed with you even once on all the time you have posted here and incarnations. The breakdown of putting youself in God's hands is a good and humble place to be. I have been where you are at now several times and still have bounced back looking for an ever more glorious screwup to commit but also resting more peacefully with my Father, Mother and Brother who love me even when i do not listen. But i listen a lot more than i did, and still have things left to do that i know they want me to get done. Prayers of COURSE for you

RSS Feed of thread