Knowing Bill , I am not at all surprised at his courage...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, July 11, 2015, 00:31 (3363 days ago)

He'll probably be embarrassed at me posting it here. But you should know..."Bill Gilson, the pastor of the Latino congregation that meets at that church site, saw Carranza-Pineda grab his wife in the lot and hold a gun to her head, the affidavit said. Gilson went outside and tried to intervene, and that's when Carranza-Pineda turned the gun on him and threatened to kill him if he didn't stay back..."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/07/salem_pastor_convinc...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by cubrock, Saturday, July 11, 2015, 06:58 (3363 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Glad no one was hurt. Thank you, Bill, for standing as a man of God!

Wow!.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Saturday, July 11, 2015, 08:11 (3363 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

A real example of courage and selfless service to his fellow man.

by Ken O'Neill, Saturday, July 11, 2015, 08:27 (3363 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

As many of you know, Bill is also the Chaplain of The Shootists, and a fine man. Like Rob, I'm not surprised at his courage, but I'm proud of him for it, as well as his other examples of leadership.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, July 11, 2015, 09:07 (3363 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

And I'm sure if Bill can he will visit the man & offer what help he can. Such is the heart of a Pastor.

We could use a lot more people like Bill

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, July 11, 2015, 10:57 (3363 days ago) @ Creeker

nt

Amen!

by mcassill, Saturday, July 11, 2015, 14:37 (3363 days ago) @ Cherokee

Amen!

by Kings6, Dallas, OR, Saturday, July 11, 2015, 16:27 (3363 days ago) @ mcassill

I have only met Bill a time or two but from those few visits, what he did does not surprise me in the least.

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Saturday, July 11, 2015, 19:29 (3363 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

For those of us that know Bill his reaction to the situation is what we expect from him.
We are all fortunite to know a man like Bill and call him friend.

RSS Feed of thread