Any others interested in WWII history? I found a great site

by JD, Western Washington, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 15:08 (3367 days ago)

I'm a lifelong student of WWII history, and recently found a site that has thousands of photos from the war, most of which I have never seen anywhere else. There are more than 500 pages of photos, with most being German photos, but also US, British, and Japanese. There are photos of armored vehicles that I have never seen before (Who knew that the Canadians built a "Shrike" on a Sherman chassis with turret mounted quad 20mm's for use as an anti-aircraft system?). Lots of other interesting photos..... Lots of day to day photos by and of the soldiers, the vehicles, aircraft, etc...

I do need to warn people that some of the photos are VERY graphic and violent. War is not a nice activity, and some of these photos show it in all its' gory and revolting details..

Also, some of the links on the pages are broken, so there are blank spaces that no longer display photos, and some of the photos are posted multiple times. Many of the photos do not have descriptions that go with them... Still, an utterly amazing compilation of history.

http://histomil.com/viewtopic.php?f=338&t=3918

Any others interested in WWII history? I found a great site

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 17:20 (3367 days ago) @ JD

Wow! That will take a bit of time to scroll through. You're correct though. A large number of pics I've never seen.

RSS Feed of thread