coffee table sixshooters ....visiting my son for the 4th

by cable, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 16:57 (3370 days ago)

[image]

these were gifts from me over the last number of years.

from top to bottom, dan wessons in 44, 357, and 22

he displays them with their longest barrels, with compensators on the 44 and 357.......he has the complete four barrel sets for each, in their own 'brief case ' type containers: 2", 4", 6", 8" and the 44 has a 10" as well.

beautiful smooth accurate revolvers.....makes me feel right at home, even though we are in a city..

going out to barbecue and fireworks later. :-D

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 17:01 (3370 days ago) @ cable

Good taste, good taste indeed! A good Dan Wesson has been long on the "someday" list. They are fine examples of the sixgun, indeed.

they are great. got my own 357 set about 1980, and soon

by cable, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 17:09 (3370 days ago) @ Paul

got the 44 set .....both of mine were stainless. i recently got a blue 44 set as well, and blue 22 set

don't think i will ever find a reasonable price 32, or 41 or 45 colt set. not to mention the 22 magnum sets.

recently put a burris 1.5-4 scope on the 8" barrel 44......sighted it in yesterday....like shooting a rifle, basically one large hole center group at 25 yds.

going to take that one down to montana and leave it at our place there. should find a use there. nice to change from scope to 4" barrel for hiking and not loose zero in the process of switching around.

Yea these many years ago...

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 17:28 (3370 days ago) @ cable

a friend had a hardware store in a small town. He took a lot of guns in on trades, and would let me take them out to play with as they were always returned nice and clean, contrary to the way they usually arrived at the store. He took in a Dan Wesson 357 with a six or eight inch barrel and the barber next door gave me some reloads to shoot in it. That was the first time I ever hit anything at 100 yards with a handgun. It was not one of the "kit guns", but a stand alone long barreled piece of sixgun engineering. Later he got in the same basic sixgun, but in 22 LR. That one got wrung out as well, but didn't impress me as much as the 357 did. It was too big for a 22, in my opinion.

I like the idea of scoping one of the longer barreled shrouds...

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!

by rob @, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 18:33 (3370 days ago) @ cable

Sweet!

The new 715 is high on my gotta have it list!

by rob @, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 18:39 (3370 days ago) @ Paul

My list needs to be growing shorter not longer these days but, alas, there are so many attractions out there. I feel like Pilgrim trying to progress beyond the carnival with all its temptations and delights.

I think a 715 would make an excellent...

by rob @, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 18:45 (3370 days ago) @ Paul

hunting handgun. I've got a couple good .44 Magnums but I'm becoming more of a fan of the .357 the older I get. Very versatile. If I could only have one gun (one-period) it would be a 4" .357, no question about it.

by Brian A, Sunday, July 05, 2015, 22:05 (3369 days ago) @ cable

That is an awesome collection right there! Have never owned or shot a Dan Wesson, but have admired them for many years.

thanks ! they shoot as good as they look too.

by cable, Sunday, July 05, 2015, 22:52 (3369 days ago) @ Brian A

:-)

RSS Feed of thread