a Timely reminder re sanctuary security...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:32 (3380 days ago)
edited by Rob Leahy, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:21

was looking around the other day. Ours has brick walls as

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:25 (3380 days ago) @ Rob Leahy
edited by stonewalrus, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:29

You enter the auditorium. Where I sit they would most likely run past me toward the front. I carry a 9 mm or 45 these days instead of my LCP..

Something else to consider - with all the innocents there you might have to take a put them down any way you can shot. Good point in article - stop them BEFORE they get to the crowd. We are attending a new church (8 months or so). Not sure who to ask about security that I wouldn't freak out yet.

Ask the plain clothes cop standing by the main entrance, or

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:32 (3380 days ago) @ stonewalrus

by the back wall...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

not sure we have one but there is someone who is assigned

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:41 (3380 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

As deacon of security or something like that. I AM on the back wall.:-D

a Timely reminder re sanctuary security...

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:01 (3380 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

A couple years ago my Pastor discussed with me the need for an armed security team. He decided to bring it to the church and the membership voted, some relunctantly, to establish an armed security team that would also have some medical and other emergency training. We have had three firearms training/shooting seassions (not target shooting) and several other emergency training sessions. We have evaluated the structure for strong/weak points and lanes of fire. We are currenly installing an "air-lock" double door entrance which will include outside camera's, which will be added to the existing security camera system. The entry door(s) are locked when no one is present at the entry doors. The camera's are monitored. We have a plan, which is more than most other churches we know of, but still have a way to go to train the congregation. Our plan is to stop trouble before it gets inside, and be prepared if it does get inside.

Visited our olden temple in Los Angeles

by brionic @, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 15:54 (3379 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

and was stunned/delighted by the new security protocol. Secured perimeter (mostly), lights, one way entry through security kiosk, armed guards. I have every reason to believe there is no time that the location is unguarded.

Good move, especially in their location, with their visibility, in these times.

Yep, it is time to REALLY make these meeting places

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 15:56 (3379 days ago) @ brionic

a Sanctuary.
http://brycetowsley.com/14threinstated/a-nation-of-sheep

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Yep, it is time to REALLY make these meeting places

by Catoosa, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 22:25 (3377 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

From the looks of that little POS I believe even I could have broken his neck with one punch, and I'm seventy years old. It is beyond my comprehension that people in that situation would make NO effort to resist or escape.

condition white and standing there dumbfounded saying I

by stonewalrus, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 22:53 (3377 days ago) @ Catoosa

Can't believe this is happening.

RSS Feed of thread