Gold Inlaid in Stock Question

by Gary G, Sunday, June 14, 2015, 20:20 (3390 days ago)
edited by Gary G, Sunday, June 14, 2015, 20:39

It has been my observations looking at rifles on auction sites. probably estate sales, that guys that were in there hunting prime probably in the 1950,s thru 1960,s would put a little custom gold inlaid art work on their stocks. While shooting and working out the Ruger Hawkeye. I was thinking it might be the one to take on to the dance for the next ten to twenty years. But on my way to ask it out.

This girl stepped out of the shadows. She was dressed up in all her makeup and had some Mr T bling all lit up in the light. Shimmers of gold and lots of figure in her shapely areas and I was swep right off my feet. Using her powers of seduction. She had to know FN Safaris are a weakness........Well I cheated on the Ruger, and myself and this temptress have already eloped after a wild and fast weekend.

Now that I have drank of the Cool Aid I wonder after the fact. Do any of you know if this symbol has any importance any where around the country. I do not want to be unknowingly campaigning for a cult of any sort. It looks like a red oak leaf to me but I do not know and figured some of the more experienced members of the group may shed light.

(Yea, the Hawkeye will be for sale)

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I was thinking oak leaf as well... Can't own/shoot 'em

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, June 14, 2015, 21:21 (3390 days ago) @ Gary G

all (more's the shame) but that is a nice one to replace a Hawkeye.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I've got one that I'm always afraid people will read...

by Josh Maloley, Monday, June 15, 2015, 04:46 (3390 days ago) @ Gary G

... the wrong way.

I've got a nicely sporterized Mauser that has a nazi 5 reichmark coin inlaid into the stock.
I like to think that the rifle and the coin were both bring-backs by some vet, but who knows.

RSS Feed of thread