Ruger 77 hawkeye review

by Gary G, Sunday, June 14, 2015, 19:53 (3390 days ago)

As some of you may remember back during the winter months asking opinions of the Ruger M77 hawkeye as I have been interested in them since there introduction six or seven years back.
Was some what surprised that no one here had really ever given one a try so I watched around til I found one at a good price. Ended up with a 30-06 in stainless steel with a black syn. Ruger Stock. The gun was in just about new condition inside and out. So I de-coppered the barrel and set out to dirty everything back up.

Loved the feel of the gun right off. They obviously wanted a gun that would carry well and shoot and be dependable at the same time. Bolt was really smooth as it could be, Not like a custom gun but far better than the Ruger 77,s I was used to handling.
The new Trigger was a good crisp clean breaking and very good overall out of the box as a Lawyer will allow but fine for a working gun. I did have to think about the pull when shooting, to get it to break just right on the bench but still did quite OK with it as offered from the factory. I shot Sierra 165gr. Gameking HP,s for each photo with different kinds of powder ,,,,,,,All loads are around 2650 FPS.

Very easy shooting rifle and fun to shoot. Talked with Dave Clements about these rifles and he said they were very easy and fun to customize. And not to expensive to take to the next level which I thought was interesting.
I do recommend for a light quick pointing carry rifle and glad I got the Itch out of my shoes and finally tried one out.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Enjoyed this, which copper cleaner did you use?

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 11:19 (3377 days ago) @ Gary G

RSS Feed of thread