I'm sure this crew remembers this date 71-years ago

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, June 06, 2015, 07:01 (3398 days ago)

and how the greatest generation ran across a fire-swept beach to defeat evil. We remember our brothers of the 116th Infantry Regiment, the boys of Bedford, VA and most particularly our cousin, PFC Gano H. "Sonny" Jewell.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, June 06, 2015, 07:23 (3398 days ago) @ Hobie

I was only 2 at the time but I honor all those who served.

SA-LUTE!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, June 06, 2015, 08:09 (3398 days ago) @ Hobie

by jgt, Saturday, June 06, 2015, 08:30 (3398 days ago) @ Hobie

The cost on that one day was appalling yet to this day. They deserve all the honor we can give them. Thank you for remembering.

I have long said...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, June 06, 2015, 10:28 (3398 days ago) @ Hobie

That June 6, 1944 was probably the single most importiant day in the 20th century. There was so much riding on the outcome of that day and those that followed that it's almost untathomable what could/would have happened had it failed.

I have been working nights the past three weeks and last night around 3:00am I couldn't help but think of the boys riding across the change in their C47's waiting to jump. I got kinda choked up and said a little prayer of thanks to all of them.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

It was a world change event... It burns me everytime the US

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, June 08, 2015, 11:10 (3396 days ago) @ Slow Hand

is portrayed as a a modern evil unto the world... We have done our utmost to save the world. It is a shame on our education system (re- education ) that our children have not been taught that sacrifices our forefathers made the blood that was shed to not only guarantee their freedom & Liberty , but the world's freedom and liberty. Can you just imagine the Pacific & Australia under 50 years of Imperial Japanese rule? Or India subdivided between the Nazis & Imperial Japanese. Or Hitler sitting astride middle east and Caucasus oil fields...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread