Henry Rifle

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 19:43 (3401 days ago)

At my gun store they showed the new (to me) the Wisconsin manufactured Henry lever guns in 45 Colt, 44 Mag and 357 mag. All steel and walnut and looked very well made with a gold dot front sight. Priced at $600 +. Looks to me that a Skinner rear would fit just fine. Any one have any experience with them.

Art

I have had two customers state that they prefer the

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 21:26 (3401 days ago) @ Art

Henrys to their Marlins. Surprised me. I don't see anything wrong with the Henry rifles I've seen, but they don't make my dobber quiver.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Henry Rifle

by Otony, Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 22:47 (3401 days ago) @ Art

Never shot one but have sold quite a few. Coon fingered most all of them. My take away is that construction quality seems high, but every one was surprisingly heavy (to me) especially the brass frame jobs. Not thrilled with the loading system whatsoever.

Every customer who has bought one seems to love the handling and style. One fellow Bought his 45 Colt and loves to crow about the power and accuracy using Buffalo Bore ammo.

BTW, I am thoroughly unimpressed with their .22 lever guns. The zamax receiver cover just leaves me cold.

Otony

Agree with Otony about the cheap .22s

by Josh Maloley, Thursday, June 04, 2015, 05:07 (3401 days ago) @ Otony

I had one apart for a drill and tap job and as smooth as the action feels, I couldnt believe the internals.
Felt like I was working on a kids toy cap gun.

Now because this .22 turned me off on the Henrys, I've never handled a centerfire.
Might be a whole different animal?

RSS Feed of thread