In country for almost exactly a week and...

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 17:17 (3409 days ago)

still haven't come across any 22 LR for sale. Well, except some Federal Gold Cup at $20 a box of 50. THAT ain't gonna happen. Haven't had to much time to look for it, but everywhere I ask it's "You should have been here yesterday, last week, 8 years ago" or whatever. BUT there's a lot of ammo in formerly hard to find chamberings (none of which I have launching platforms for) so that's something positive. It's good to be back, especially since we got the whole weekend with the grandkids. :)

In country for almost exactly a week and...

by Brien1, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 23:08 (3409 days ago) @ Paul

Try Academy Sports

If you're around Eastland County, Texas

by MR, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 07:54 (3408 days ago) @ Paul

Let me know and I'll send you a map and give the combination to the gate and tell you which bed to look under to find "enough" to keep the grandkids entertained.

Academy

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 09:56 (3408 days ago) @ Brien1

That's where they had the Federal Gold Cup at $20 per box of 50...

Need to go back and see what else has come in, if it has.

If you're around Eastland County, Texas

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 10:00 (3408 days ago) @ MR

Thanks, Mark.

I've got some cached, but prefer to not shoot it up without replacing. We're not hurting for shootable stock, but with great uncertainty of what the political winds will do while we're overseas I really don't like using it up. Yesterday I dug up the 22 can and found it fuller than remembered. That's a good thing. :-) The 38 can was similarly stocked, in fact, no empty ammo boxes which means I'll have to shoot some before loading some. :-P

The 44 can, on the other hand, needs replenishing and so far have not taken time to search for projectiles, nor do I know where to get my grubby hands on some 44 special brass. Will have to shoot some before loading any, but there's less than I remembered in that can. So much for memory, eh?

Mark, yer a good guy...

by rob @, Friday, May 29, 2015, 10:42 (3406 days ago) @ MR

I don't care what they say about you:)

RSS Feed of thread