AR500 targets for sale

by Fowler, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:22 (3410 days ago)

Well I am doing a big run of these targets again, some of you have a few and I hope will attest they hold up longer than a Clinton lie.

http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/14943/new-ar500-gong-group-buy

Let me know if any of you are interested in some more...

I have two sets, Love em. Don't let friends BIL use

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:34 (3410 days ago) @ Fowler

Slide fire stocked AR hard on the stands...;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I am thinking that the 8" or 6" would be the 2 most

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:37 (3410 days ago) @ Fowler

useful for general use, rifle and handgun. What say you all?

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

8" is the most popular but everyone ends up buying a 12"

by Fowler, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 08:49 (3409 days ago) @ Hobie

Guess people like hitting more than missing! But a 12" gong is still a makable handgun shit out to 150 yards or so, partly because its big enough to see it at that distance.

Great targets!

by brionic @, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 13:19 (3409 days ago) @ Fowler

My first run set are still going strong... they look a LOT like yours, pictured, with the collapsed washers. Took me a while to figure out how to keep 'em suspended without blowing up the bolts or chains.

Highly recommended. I may be in for a set of 4" or 6".

8" is the most popular but everyone ends up buying a 12"

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:47 (3409 days ago) @ Fowler

I am thinking that the 4, 8 and 12 will give my family and I the best range of sizes for the various guns we shoot at the ranges we shoot. I figure that if these somehow prove incorrect I might be able to change it up someday.

I sent you an "order"/request via e-mail. Thanks again.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Great targets!

by Josh Maloley, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:23 (3409 days ago) @ brionic

Well, what's the secret?

Grade 8 nuts/bolts

by brionic @, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:47 (3409 days ago) @ Josh Maloley

They are generally of higher grade steel and are hardened.

I have targets with larger holes, though, and haven't had luck matching largest bolts to largest chain gauge and so have resorted to stacking washers to hold the bolts in position.

It works well, except for a few sloppy hits on the bolts that have collapsed the washers. Easy solution is carrying a wrench, cordless drill, correct socket, and extra washers. It takes up little space in the vehicle compared to the rebar and tubular legs.

Great targets, all in all. Have survived stuff that destroyed previous commercial targets.

Grade 8 nuts/bolts yup fixed that issue

by Fowler, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:11 (3409 days ago) @ brionic

We cut smaller holes now! That and a grade 8 bolt fixes everything...

AR500 targets for sale

by Flatlander, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 20:52 (3408 days ago) @ Fowler

Bill, I need one complete set including bolts and sawbuck and chain and 50% silhouette target. I will be at holiday by Tuesday night. Mark

RSS Feed of thread