Just makes you wonder....

by Byron, Monday, May 04, 2015, 08:25 (3431 days ago)

The twins are in Daytona for the ROTC National Drill Team Finals. This is the Super Bowl of ROTC Drill and it is a big deal to be invited to attend and compete. It is invitation only and a major honor for the kids on this team. They have been training for this since September with most days up at 0430 to be at school at 0530 for practice before classes start.

They all rode on a deluxe charter bus down to Daytona with the exception the First Sargent driving his own truck. Seems like school district policy that is not subject to change forbids the presents of "weapons" on any school vehicle and the drill rifles were not allowed on the bus.

What the hell.

Byron

After Desert Storm

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Monday, May 04, 2015, 10:24 (3431 days ago) @ Byron

I happened to have been duty driver when my company deployed some - fully equipped and armed - senior NCOs to Turkey to aid the refugees

When we arrived at the airport the NCOs went through the metal detector, but their rifles and LBE went "around" it. Because, as you well know, the metal detectors are there to prevent weapons from being taken aboard aircraft.

Have always wondered...

by Brian A, Monday, May 04, 2015, 12:08 (3431 days ago) @ Byron

How they can define anything that looks like a gun to actually 'be' a gun. Last time I looked at one, the drill rifles were incapable of actually firing, so are no more a gun than any stick you could pick up in the forest.

Also, since when is a charter bus considered school property? I believe it is time to start electing school board members who have a better grasp of reality than the numb-skulls running the education systems currently.

Fire that School Board if they will not drop that foolish

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, May 04, 2015, 16:49 (3431 days ago) @ Byron

crap. Circa 1976 SO cal High School we had M14s and Mossberg target .22lrs in class...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Have always wondered...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 03:58 (3430 days ago) @ Brian A

There has been some debate on similar subjects here in Indiana. We cannot carry again school or a 'school event'. Now, if a school field trip happens in an area where you can legally carry, what does that mean? According to the school, that area, business, etc is temporarily 'school property' as far as student discipline, etc. so, does that mean that if you happen to be in the same business and are legally carrying a firearm, are you breaking the law? Nothing has ever happened with it that I know of, but it has caused some worry and discussion amongst the gun crowd if nobody else...

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

RSS Feed of thread