Ruger Bisley

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 10:25 (3440 days ago)

Well I think I have decided to try and locate a dependable gunsmith to work on this new Bisley. While it is accurate, the trigger is horrible, and you really have to work at it to get it to shoot to it's potential. I am also going to see about some plain Jane wood grips for it to replace the very ill fitting grips on it now. I have never had anyone work on any of my guns except for the Super Blackhawk that this one replaced. I was excited to finally get a Bisley in 44 Magnum, but for the first time, Ruger has really disappointed me with the complete lack of QC.

Dave

Ruger Bisley

by uncowboy, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 16:05 (3440 days ago) @ Dave B

Go to Cylinder Smiths site and read article on Ruger trigger spring. Not at all hard to make a Ruger Trigger acceptable. J.Michael

Here..

by cas, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 16:28 (3440 days ago) @ uncowboy

the front door of the site is hiding, so you may not find it.
http://www.cylindersmith.com/triggerspring.html

Thanks!

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 00:22 (3434 days ago) @ cas

Big help!

what about the "poor man's trigger job"?

by bj @, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 19:42 (3440 days ago) @ Dave B

Take one of the spring legs off of the pin, leave the other leg on the pin.

"poor man's trigger job" FINALLY FAILED

by SIXGUNNER, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 20:01 (3440 days ago) @ bj

I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND NEVER A PROBLEM--UNTIL THIS WEEK. I POPPED ONE LEG OFF AND THE LOADING GATE WOULD NOT OPEN UNLESS I MANUALLY PUSHED THE TRIGGER FORWARD. ON A 2ND FLAT-TOP NM THE TRIGGER PULL BECAME SO LIGHT IT WAS DANGEROUS AT LEAST TO ME. I'LL GO WITH WOLFF SPRINGS FROM NOW ON.

I always do this

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Sunday, April 26, 2015, 09:26 (3439 days ago) @ bj

On this bad boy, the trigger doesn't return. I disassembled the trigger group, and polished everything up with 6000 grit paper, lightly filed down any burrs and hit them with the sandpaper, and still this thing feels like crap. The trigger doesn't even seem to properly fit. So I am thinking that for the first time in my life, I may have a little "custom" work done.

On my NM flattop I found that the poorboy's

by BC, IA, Sunday, April 26, 2015, 13:32 (3439 days ago) @ Dave B

trigger job made trigger return halting and problematic.

Disassembly revealed that the disconnected leg was catching in the main spring, so back on the leg went.

Trigger is the heaviest on this revolver of any NM I've ever fired.

Installing a Belt Mountain basepin did tighten up the action, though, and add to the perceived "smoothness", although I may be imagining that part. It feels better, though.

On my NM flattop I found that the poorboy's

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, April 26, 2015, 16:25 (3439 days ago) @ BC

I've had issue with the dropped leg getting bound up, so on my modified NMBH I went ahead and lopped off the extra leg. Took care of the issues for me.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

RSS Feed of thread