The Big Swede barks!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, April 23, 2015, 09:28 (3442 days ago)

Whatever was chased out of the bolt body cured the trouble with the Husky. The .358 is off the DL and headed to shoot a pig. I would add, it barks with some authority.

The second string back up gun (would that really be a 3rd string gun?) is shooting WAAAY low even with the rear aperture sight cranked up higher than I like. So the third string back up gun gets the nod. I tell ya, the fun never ends.

So, who still makes a pinned, front sight blade as would replace a Krag or '03 type base? Brownell's turned up blank. Williams and Lyman both struck out. What is on the rifle now is a Lyman white bead which I really like but a Sheard or sourdough style would also work. A fella with a piece of flat stock and some cold blue could make what he wanted but the bead bit is something of a bother.

How about the whole enchilada?

by brionic @, Thursday, April 23, 2015, 12:44 (3442 days ago) @ Hoot

You're way ahead of me.

by mcassill, Thursday, April 23, 2015, 17:24 (3442 days ago) @ Hoot

Get off work early and start packing up ammo only to discover that I have a grand total of three (3) loaded rounds for the .458 that I intended to bring. So off to the range I went with plans B, C and D. All are now zeroed, thankfully.

The Big Swede barks!

by Brian A, Friday, April 24, 2015, 06:53 (3441 days ago) @ Hoot

Very good to hear you solved the problem, best of luck with the hogs.

As for the front sight on the B/U, what about making the flat stock blank, leaving the rear face vertical and adding a bead to it in order to give the visual effect of a proper bead front?

RSS Feed of thread