A good 22 revolver

by AkRay, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 02:17 (4565 days ago)

I bought this Colt Officer's Model Match earlier this fall. It dates back to about the mid 50s. I hesitated to pay the asking price, but now that I've owned and shot with it, I wouldn't want to resell it for what I paid. I don't think the previous owner(s) shot it very much and that's a shame since the action is smooth and light, and the trigger breaks very cleanly. It's very much like a Colt Python action should be. It had a 1/2" wide trigger shoe on, but I took that off. I find that with the price of ammo nowadays, 22 rimfires like this are what I shoot the most. They're a lot of fun and also help to undo some of the damage the kickers have done.

[image]

[image]

A good 22 revolver

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 03:35 (4564 days ago) @ AkRay

nice looking hand gun . :-)

That is nice indeed. We have seen a couple come through the

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 05:27 (4564 days ago) @ AkRay

shop but ALWAYS from an estate, i.e. the owner didn't give it up until he had died. I am certain that there is a reason for that.

Now that we've sold my parent's place I see less practical reason for the bigger guns.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

A good 22 revolver

by woody, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 07:22 (4564 days ago) @ AkRay

Very nice!!!!I find myself looking for 22's all the time now. That is what I shoot the most. Really the most practical for what I need 99 percent of the time. Really like the 22 mag also. Kills way beyond what it should.

Very nice piece...

by Brian A, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 07:44 (4564 days ago) @ AkRay

Thought long and hard about one similar to it at a gun show a week ago for $385, but things are just too tight right now.

A good 22 revolver

by cubrock, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 08:55 (4564 days ago) @ AkRay

I had that gun's twin a few years back. It was scary accurate. Sold it to help fund a TLA purchase for the book. Otherwise, I'd still own it.

That is a nice one!! way to go!

by cable @, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 11:01 (4564 days ago) @ AkRay

:-)

A good 22 revolver

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 19:31 (4564 days ago) @ AkRay

Are those grips Colt Wood? It was made out of plastic or some like material. There is a 38 Special at my gun store that looks to be the same era and it has the Colt Wood grips. Very nice 22. My favorite is a 4 inch S&W no dash 617. I also find my self shooting the 22's more and more.

Regards
Art

A good 22 revolver

by AkRay, Thursday, April 05, 2012, 00:02 (4564 days ago) @ Art

Hi Art. The grips are walnut, or whatever wood Colt used to make grips with.

RSS Feed of thread