Tornado Alley folks Check in please. Sounds bad.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 21:15 (4565 days ago)

:-|

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Tornado Alley folks Check in please. Sounds bad.

by madbohemian, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 12:35 (4564 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I'm alright Rob.

None of my stuff damaged. Lighting hit a powerline transformer in front of the shop and knocked our power out yesterday.I and two of my guys were standing at a large roll up door looking to the east and there were reports of a tornado headed our way. We watched the funnel cloud pass a about a mile or two from us. Do not think it was on the ground as we could not see any debris.

Got to work this morning and the electricty was restored and we are up and running again.

Reports of 15 tornados spotted in the Metro-Mess yesterday no deaths so far and one injured. Really lucky there. Lots of damage though.

Thanks for the checkup friend. Lord willing I look forward to seeing you at CSA. If I a can get everything packed and loaded I'll be headed north monday to the land of the Richardson. Yee Haw!! It'll be time to bust a few caps and visit.:-)

Very much looking foreward to CSA and a good visit with

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 12:50 (4564 days ago) @ madbohemian

great folks.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Tornado's went well south of us, large hail to north of us

by bj @, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 13:00 (4564 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Haven't seen anything from Jared yet, my understanding is that they were going to be living in Mesquite possibly near where some of that damage occurred.

We apparently just had lots of rain at our house. Our house had that big hail last summer so I wasn't wanting any more of it.

One of my coworkers had 3" diameter hail at his house, broke out a few of his windows. On TV there were lots of cars with missing windows on one side or another.

Someone shot video of tractor trailers swirling in the air 50' high or more.

One lady got out of her car and ran into a building, when she came out the cars in the parking lot were all moved around but she couldn't find her car. On the TV news she saw film of her car out in the middle of a field hundreds of feet away.

I saw pictures of a water tower missing its tank and a tilt-wall warehouse levelled.

Tornado's went well south of us, large hail to north of us

by Jared, Wednesday, April 04, 2012, 18:39 (4564 days ago) @ bj

We are fine. I was stuck in Laredo watching it on the news. Kathryn was at work in a storm shelter. I just got in about an hour ago and the Forney tornado was at one point less than 1/4 a mile from the house. I can see houses with roof damage out my front door. I can't believe it but my truck is of it was parked at the north lot at DFW all of my friends that war parked near me had hail damage.

Driving in I could see a helicopter hovering over my house taking pictures of the damage. It could have easily been the other way around.

RSS Feed of thread