Ruger Hawk Eye Question

by Gary G, Sunday, February 22, 2015, 22:49 (3502 days ago)

I know some of you are devote Ruger followers so I thought I would ask. I have had an interest in owning a Standard Hawkeye hunting rifle since there introduction. And have never had a chance to test one out...My area is does not have a big ruger bolt action fan base.

So for you in the know. How well with the Hawk Eye Rifles shoot out of the Box?

I know the Americans do well But wondering in general about the Hawkeyes mainly 30-06 caliber.

Someone has a few on clearance in my area of travel for work.

I have a Hawkeye in .358 Winchester

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, February 23, 2015, 07:51 (3502 days ago) @ Gary G

I only put it on paper to sight it in and recall being satisfied. Taken two hogs with it since (it works GOOD). However, I can't give you definitive answers as to x" groups at x yards...sorry. I absolutely LOVE the trigger on mine. It is an improvement over the previous M-77 triggers. I'm a big Ruger fan so take this with a bit of salt, but I expect you would be pleased.

MAY NOT APPLY BUT

by SIXGUNNER, Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:54 (3502 days ago) @ Gary G

I HAVE A RUGER HAWKEYE 77/22 AND AN AMERICAN .22. BOTH SHOOT IDENTICAL GROUPS OF 1" AT 50 YARDS.

Thanks John and Hoot,,,Though there would be a blue millon

by Gary G, Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 18:30 (3500 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

replys.........Rifle must not have caught on much..........I know the Americans are tack drivers..But wanted some Wood this time out....Thanks again for your time guys.

Check out CDNN...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 20:07 (3500 days ago) @ Gary G

The HAWKEYE IS A VICTIM OF THE TREND TOWARDS CHEAPER PLASTIC RIFLES...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread