need some help

by uncowboy, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 09:50 (3504 days ago)

In Tony's collection there is a German Luger # Match not sure on the mag It is a shooter condition with some finish missing but tight and sound. I am needing help pricing this gun . Everything is super high priced because of great condition or rare because of bbl length . What would be a good price on a shooter grade like I have? J.Michael Any interested parties can email me uncowboyatcomcastdotnet.

need some help

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 10:38 (3503 days ago) @ uncowboy

GB has a 1920 commercial @ 650.00, everything else is over a thou. Hopefully someone will have a better idea.

need some help

by JLF @, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 11:12 (3503 days ago) @ uncowboy

Unlike so many other handguns, few people look upon Lugers as shooters, and they are not exactly CC material. So...Condition is everything to the largest market for them, Luger collectors. Unless it's some super rare variation, your market is going to be some guy who just wants a Luger because it's a Luger, and can't afford big-buck collector grade stuff. I haven't had one in sometime, but I'm going to guess somewhere between $600 and $750. I think a quick wholesale flip would be in the high fives.

JLF

Email sent

by cubrock, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 22:12 (3503 days ago) @ uncowboy

I can help.

need some help

by JD, Western Washington, Sunday, February 22, 2015, 19:53 (3502 days ago) @ uncowboy

A lot depends on the details. What caliber? Nines go for much more than 30's do. What date and manufacturer. Some of the rare ones go for big bucks even for what looks like a junker...

I collect lugers and it's all in the details. A great resource is lugerforum.com. lot's of friendly people who are the top luger experts in the country.

A German military 9mm all matching (except magazine) in 70% condition will usually start around $900 and depending on what the details are can go well north of that.... It really would be in your best interest to go to lugerforum.com and find out what it really is worth. ..

If you takes some good photos and pm me I'd be happy to help tell you what you have and give my opinion on what it's worth.

RSS Feed of thread