BIG plastic guns...LCRx with adjusto sights...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, February 13, 2015, 09:54 (3512 days ago)
edited by Rob Leahy, Friday, February 13, 2015, 13:06

[image]
almost as big as this M19...but it's a lightweight 5 shot 38 sol...Good idea but huge...I wish Ruger would make an Alloy SP101

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

BIG plastic guns...LCRx witgh adjusto sights...

by Jared, Friday, February 13, 2015, 13:03 (3511 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That was my first impression of the LCR when they were introduced. It is light but way bigger than my 442. I have really considered one of those 3" adjustable just for the weight, but it would be more of a tractor gun than for concealed carry.

by StoneWolf, Friday, February 13, 2015, 13:17 (3511 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Funny thing is that's why I like that model feels great in your hand where some of the other lightweights feel awkward to me. Kind of spits the difference between my snubbie and gp100.

by Fowler, Friday, February 13, 2015, 17:26 (3511 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have handled 2 of them so far, I thought they were awfly big for a 5 shooter, as shown same basic size as my 2 1/2" 19 that in a proper holster just disappears on my hip. I also thought the trigger was very short for single action shooting and both guns rattled like they had loose parts I side them.

I do want to shoot one though just not real impressed so far. Now Thebes Ruger lightweight Commander 1911...

You aint so small Robb, and EVERYBODY

by Fermin, Friday, February 13, 2015, 23:26 (3511 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Loves ya! In my opinion, Ruger nailed this one. Consider that it is just big enough to get man size hands on yet almost ZERO weight. I consider mine a prize.

It will be a dandy trail gun. JAn, who is not a revolver fan

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 11:49 (3511 days ago) @ Fermin

claimed this as her around the farm gun loaded with snake shot, it will be easy for her to carry all day every day...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

It may be a little big, but at 15 oz, ,,,,

by JD, Western Washington, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 21:18 (3510 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

It may be a little big for a 5 shot 38, but at 15 oz. I can just drop it in my fishing vest or back pocket and not even know it's there. I can't say that about my 2 3/4" Security six or 2 1/2" S&W 66. I can drive a 158 grain SWC bullet at 900 fps, which should take care of most everything I need to take care of, so it works for me.....

It is ugly though, but it is functional..........

RSS Feed of thread