Shooting Today

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 18:57 (3512 days ago)

Decided to go out today for a while so loaded some stuff up to shoot & took off. Weather wasn’t much but I thought it would let up a couple hours before dark. No sooner left the house & got in a white out.
[image]
[image]

Quit snowing for a while so I broke out the autos. There wasn’t enough snow on the ground to keep me from picking up the brass. Run 2 mags full through the S&W M&P Compact & 2 through the CZ 75, then it began to snow so I quit & crawled in the truck. You can see the old Church across the trackes.
[image]

Then it quit but there was too much snow to pick up brass.
[image]

So I broke out the sixgun to finish up till the snow started again.

Shot these & anytime you can do that it’s not a bad day.
[image]

Nice!

by cubrock, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 19:07 (3512 days ago) @ Creeker

We had a light dusting blowing off the mountains down into the foothills where we are. Amazing how that snow can blow over 20 miles from where it is falling.

Yes it is amazing.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 19:11 (3512 days ago) @ cubrock

Shooting Today

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 19:46 (3512 days ago) @ Creeker

I got one of those M&P Compacts at Christmas right after some hand surgery and have not been able to try it out. Have to wait another month. How do you like it? Was going to get a Shield but the compact seemed a better choice after comparing them at my store.

Thanks for the photos. We've almost forgotten what

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 19:53 (3512 days ago) @ Creeker

snow looks like.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Shooting Today

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 20:00 (3512 days ago) @ Art

I haven't shot it much & in fact finished up some test today to be sure it would be reliable. I'm using a Hornady XP 115 grain HP with 4.5 grains of Promo @ 1.125 OAL. It feeds great with no failures. I load my mags with 11 rounds. Today makes 398 rounds.

It fits my hand well enough using the small back straps. The sights are plenty good though the rear notch is a little narrow for my 64 year old eyes & will probably be widen at some point. It carries good without a holster around the house though I'm not carrying it out yet. I need something small than the CZ75 & the M&P gets the call.

by Catoosa, Friday, February 13, 2015, 09:17 (3512 days ago) @ Hobie

You mean it hasn't snowed up there, or it's so deep you can't get out of the house to see what it looks like?

by uncowboy, Friday, February 13, 2015, 18:22 (3511 days ago) @ Catoosa

Brass will be there for the next visit but the Bisley is very cool.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Friday, February 13, 2015, 20:11 (3511 days ago) @ uncowboy

I like the Ruger fairly well but even with the Bisley Grip it still beats my knuckle.
[image]

RSS Feed of thread