At my Gun Store today

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Monday, February 09, 2015, 19:41 (3515 days ago)

They believe that we will see a Bearcat Shop Keeper with adjustable sights from Lipseys!! I will be first in line. I know the four inch adjustable sighted Bear Cats are out but I was hoping for a three incher. Are not the Shop Keepers three inch?

That would be interesting.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 05:54 (3515 days ago) @ Art

I wonder at the proportions of the front sight...hope it doesn't get too big for the diminutive proportions of the Shopkeeper.

Oh yes, they are 3".

Definitely a 3" - son #1 has one. Sweet little popper

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 07:57 (3515 days ago) @ Art

But had some issues with shell ejection with the short ejector rod.

I have fixed the ejection issue with a little polishing of

by StoneWolf, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 09:29 (3515 days ago) @ stonewalrus

The last 1cm of the chambers of the cylinder. Didn't know they were making one with adjustable sights though mine is the model with a grooved backstrap. But LOVE to shoot it very accurate for only 3" of barrel.

I have one of the 4" adjustable sight Bearcats. I have not

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 16:09 (3514 days ago) @ Art

shot it extensively, mostly with CCI Quiet22 or Aguila Colibri in the basement. I like it. Very much a kit gun now whereas the original Bearcat might be fun but might (and I emphasize "MIGHT") disappoint due to the fixed sights. I have two of the letter serial Bearcats and like them.

I have seen a couple of the Shopkeepers, one came in with my adjustable sight Bearcat. The feel of the gun is completely different in much the same way that the 2" S&W M34 round butt differs from 4" square butt.

I had no idea that there would be a adjustable sight Shopkeeper but it isn't a reach to produce frames for such a gun now. I'll have to get one, won't I? :-D

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Out of idle curiosity...

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 16:59 (3514 days ago) @ Hobie

What's the approximate street price of the adjustable site Bearcat?

Out of idle curiosity...

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:15 (3514 days ago) @ Paul

I have no idea. The info was given to my gun store along with a list of several Ruger models that Lipseys will have Ruger make up for them. I want the Shop Keeper with adjustable sights and am hoping for a stainless flat top in 357.

Art

Should be about $495 and $530 or so.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 08:12 (3514 days ago) @ Paul

blued and stainless, respectively.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Thank you, sir. nt

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 08:42 (3514 days ago) @ Hobie

RSS Feed of thread