Advice to the gunworn

by Catoosa, Friday, February 06, 2015, 19:56 (3518 days ago)

Don't wear your cellphone holster on your belt right next to your pistol holster under a cover vest and then try to answer your loudly ringing phone while standing in line on Friday afternoon at Wallyworld.

Don't ask me how I know.

I had a Thunderwear holster and missed holstering my Mak

by stonewalrus, Friday, February 06, 2015, 20:23 (3518 days ago) @ Catoosa

Properly. Standing in line at a Wendy's it proceeded to slide down my pants leg. I sort of caught it with my elbow and limped to the bathroom to fix it.

Advice to the gunworn

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 06:43 (3518 days ago) @ Catoosa

Don't go to Wally World.

Advice to the gunworn

by SIXGUNNER, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 10:36 (3518 days ago) @ Catoosa

I CAN UNDERSTAND ALWAYS CARRYING A CW BUT WHY IN THE WORLD DO SO MANY FEEL THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO HAVE A CELL PHONE WITH THEM? DON'T KNOW HOW MY GENERATION EVER SURVIVED WITHOUT THEM.

They are somewhat addictive. With a smart phone

by stonewalrus, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 11:59 (3518 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

You are also holding a GPS unit (talking one if need be), maps/aerials (with your spot identified) and a search engine. I can also track where my wife is :-D

They are somewhat addictive. With a smart phone

by Catoosa, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 19:40 (3516 days ago) @ stonewalrus

and, um, she can also track YOUR whereabouts?

Couldn't handle that - mine knows where all the gun shops in town are.

Advice to the gunworn

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 12:08 (3518 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

My thought exactly...what cellphone ?

Advice to the gunworn

by bob, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 19:58 (3517 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Up here if you're a quarter mile off the main road, cell service is non-existent! Back in the woods I find my VHF/UHF ham radio far more reliable. But then, I am a bit of a luddite.
bob

I hear this all the time and then the old fella

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 22:17 (3517 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

(and that includes a fellow in his 90s) pulls out an I-Phone 6...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I carry one but I'm not addicted to it

by bj @, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 19:16 (3516 days ago) @ Catoosa

I very rarely even have the ringer turned on. I miss some calls by having the ringer turned off but I also refuse to answer the phone when I am in places where I don't want to talk. I will check the phone later to see who called and call them back.

I can't do belt holsters for phones- they stick out too far and get the phone knocked around. I have to rely on pants pockets or shirt pockets.

I couldn't find one that protected the phone well enough

by Catoosa, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 19:36 (3516 days ago) @ bj

so I made one out of good leather. Secure, handy, and looks a durn sight better than the Chinese crap from the MexiMart down the highway.

+1

by Paul ⌂, Monday, February 09, 2015, 05:24 (3516 days ago) @ bj

Not everyone needs a "smart phone", or even a good "old fashioned" flip phone for that matter. In my line of work my phone is only off if I'm on a plane as we're on call 24/7/365 to a certain extent. But knowing when to answer or to simply call back later is important. Far to many let the phone rule their life instead of using it as the tool it should be. We carry calling plans that allow us to be in touch with folks and serve them in their hour of need. It's part of the job we do. The newer generation of phones allows far more than just phone calls, and that makes our job easier.

RSS Feed of thread