Pricing on Taurus PT100 AFS

by StoneWolf, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 06:56 (3522 days ago)

One of my friends is looking to sell her SS Taurus PT100 AFS (the one without the bottom rail) to upgrade to a Kimber. I'm not to familiar with this model so I'm not sure how much it's worth. It has had less than 300 rnds through it and no real marks/flaws, well kept but just a bit much than she likes to shoot (once again someone that bought it because it was "pretty"). Any ideas how much she can sell it for?

Whatever she can get. If "moving up" to a Kimber ensure that

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 08:11 (3522 days ago) @ StoneWolf

it is a early pre Swartz Safety or a Custom shop gun...Otherwise moving up to a Ruger SR1911 makes more sense...Good on her for dumping her Taurus auto!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 08:15 (3522 days ago) @ StoneWolf

Taurus doesn't bring much on resale, might be just as well served to keep it as a back up for her new Ruger...just saying.

Whatever she can get. If "moving up" to a Kimber ensure that

by StoneWolf, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 08:54 (3522 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Not sure, I can get pics later or can you tell from the serial? She has tried my ruger 1911 and says it's to big. She has her heart set on the kimber custom aegis. She's trying to stick with a 9mm since she has a smith 469 and ruger lc9, so easier to keep up with ammo and less recoil.

I doubt she will get over $300 at most. How many magazines

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 08:59 (3522 days ago) @ StoneWolf

Does she have? Depending on the dealer she might get a decent amount on a trade in.

I doubt she will get over $300 at most. How many magazines

by StoneWolf, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 09:03 (3522 days ago) @ stonewalrus

She's looking to sell it outright and I was thinking 250-300$ it has two mags and I believe she has the original box and paperwork.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 11:23 (3522 days ago) @ StoneWolf

$250 would be allowed on trade, probably not more than $200 paid out by dealer. It is a tough sale. Everything else seems to leave with a new owner more quickly than Tauri.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

If it reads "II" or "Series II" on the side, it contains the

by BC, L.A., Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 11:40 (3522 days ago) @ StoneWolf

Schwartz system and is to be avoided.

Earlier guns, the "Pre series" pistols, included "extra" custom touches without deviating from the mechanical design.

I like the early Kimbers.

That is from the custom shop, should be a nice gun...BTW the

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 17:39 (3521 days ago) @ StoneWolf

new ruger LWT 1911ss have slim grips...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread