WTS: Uberti Flattop Target .44-40

by Otony, Friday, January 16, 2015, 23:24 (3539 days ago)

I really hate to do this, but the wife's Lincoln needs a new timing chain. Parts alone are around 700 bucks.....so far. I'm fortunate in that that a friend is doing the work, but it still ain't gonna be free.

So, the Uberti. I'd rate it at about 95%. It is in the original box. Has a 7.5 in barrel, one piece walnut grips, color cased flattop frame, blued barrel, cylinder, and SAA style grip frame. Old enough that it has the Uberti hammer with the idiotic safety built in. Front sight is a German Silver blade in a blue steel base, rear is a blade rear similar to what you would see on an early Ruger Single Six (sort of like a 1911).

Lovely gun that could be easily made into a dual cylinder .44 Special / .44-40. VTI has the cylinder and a replacement hammer if you so choose. It is very nice as is, handles wonderfully and has a very smooth action.

I'd like to keep it, but circumstances dictate otherwise. I chose this last month to buy a sidecar....just in time for car repairs. Have I mentioned I hate this Lincoln? Consider it done!

Anyhoo, how does $600 bucks sound shipped? I will include a box of factory fresh ammo, and a set of Lee dies. I am going to bring it down to the shop in a few days, maybe list it on GB later on, but I'd really like to see someone here get it. It exudes cool and is a nice shooting sixgun.

Otony

WTS: Uberti Flattop Target .44-40

by John Meeker @, United States, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 10:01 (3539 days ago) @ Otony

My sympathies...and may it be cherished.

Am interested, Otony...Can you send pictures?

by matt/pa @, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 11:22 (3539 days ago) @ Otony

to me at bigbore45colt @ ptd DOT net, please?

Thanks,

Matt

Am interested, Otony...Can you send pictures?

by Otony, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 12:49 (3539 days ago) @ matt/pa

Matt,

I am at work (shhh) but will send pics tonight.

Otony

RSS Feed of thread