Troopers from the Trooper.

by cas, Monday, January 05, 2015, 00:01 (3551 days ago)
edited by cas, Monday, January 05, 2015, 00:05

I was just thinking of someone/something and found the picture. It's not a good one.

A joke snapshot from years ago of the ugliest gun I own.

"Wally's gun", a poorly cared for Model 10 I got for free. Wally was a co-worker of my brother in laws, a guy who washed out of the NYPD as a drunk.

I didn't know Wally. I did know my brother in law of course, and I really miss him. But that's not who I was thinking about either.

I was thinking about the guy who ordered those Jordan Troopers new in 1968, the young Trooper Wilson Dew, who sent me the grips some 30 years later, free of charge, just because he was good fellow. I probably should have them on a nicer gun in his honor.
Thanks again WD-60. ;-)

[image]

Wilson was one of the good guys. He will be missed.

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Monday, January 05, 2015, 06:46 (3551 days ago) @ cas

Nm

RIP Mr. Good Guy

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, January 05, 2015, 09:58 (3551 days ago) @ cas

Nice grips and a good man.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 05, 2015, 11:50 (3551 days ago) @ cas

it's good to remember those good folks.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Not to denigrate anybody, but you have to admit,

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, January 05, 2015, 18:40 (3550 days ago) @ cas

that among a certain group of shooters such folks are pretty common. No, they aren't common among the general population but that's the point. Birds of a feather, don't you know. Thanks for letting me hang around.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

What your saying is yes, he was in good company;-)

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 05, 2015, 19:30 (3550 days ago) @ Hobie

A great bunch of folks here, that's for sure.
;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

No doubt at all.....

by John Meeker @, United States, Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 16:58 (3550 days ago) @ Hobie

this is the only BBS left on my 'regular' list. Best kind of people.

I really miss Wilson, and Jack and Joe Mattingly....

by rob @, Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 21:06 (3549 days ago) @ cas

All good men...I think about them often.

Yessir.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 22:01 (3549 days ago) @ rob

I didn't get to meet many of those who've passed. It's a regret I have. I would have particularly like to have met Trooper Dew. I enjoyed his low key wisdom and experiences. The ones I have had the pleasure to meet have confirmed my impressions....all good men indeed.

Yes indeed and let not forget

by Charles, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 16:14 (3549 days ago) @ rob

Wilson, Jack and Joe were all salt of the earth people. When I think of them, I also remember Charlie Smith who has passed on as well, another good one of the same ilk.

RSS Feed of thread