Birds shot but not ate

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Friday, January 02, 2015, 18:13 (3553 days ago)

Been sick for a couple weeks but felt good enough today to haul a couple loads of wood for the house then went out for a couple hours & ran a hundred or better though my 75. Practiced DA first shot, then 2 shots SA from leather. Had 2 FTF. The bullet is a Lee 125 gr. RN sized .358" with 3 grs. of Promo. Shot well enough but not like the 147 loads I normally shoot.

The birds
[image]

The Gun
[image]

The shooter
[image]
[image]

Is that in front of YOUR house?

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, January 02, 2015, 18:39 (3553 days ago) @ Creeker

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, January 02, 2015, 18:42 (3553 days ago) @ Hobie

Promo... Missed my chance at some in the club buy this year. I DID get 12 lbs of powder, 8 lbs of Reddot and 4 lbs of Bullseye for about $14.41 a pound.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Friday, January 02, 2015, 19:44 (3553 days ago) @ Hobie

That's a great buy. I can't remember if I bought 24 or 32 pounds of Promo but it goes a long ways & for what it is I'm happy. Seems those 8 pounders were seventy some dollars.

by uncowboy, Friday, January 02, 2015, 20:35 (3553 days ago) @ Creeker

hope you feel better and
I never thought
I would see you with an autoloader

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, January 03, 2015, 18:46 (3552 days ago) @ uncowboy

I hang around the Deputies here too much. They keep saying get an auto & I kept shooting the sixgun but finally decided I'd try this Pre-B CZ75. I don't have a thousand through it yet but I'm doing better all the time.

by cas, Saturday, January 03, 2015, 22:56 (3552 days ago) @ Creeker

Though there will be some minor differences, follow the directions here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773

Then get some springs from Cajun Gun Works and you won't recognized the trigger as the same gun.

I have a CZ75 (though a Shadow) that I shoot in USPSA Production and 3 gun. I did all my own action work on it years ago, it was smooth and pretty light. But just this fall went with CGW springs and it's still a huge difference, I feel like I'm cheating.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Friday, January 02, 2015, 19:42 (3553 days ago) @ Hobie

That's the railroad tracks that pass through the old coal town of Tams. I shoot a bit in front of the Church there.

The Church built in 1921.
[image]

Love those old WV churches. Been to services in many.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, January 02, 2015, 21:42 (3553 days ago) @ Creeker

I remember the one in Huntersville still having carvings in the pews from when it was used as a hospital during the Civil War.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Bob Hatfield @, Saturday, January 03, 2015, 04:56 (3553 days ago) @ Creeker

Hello Lynn

I'm sure I have driven by that church in a GOV before. One thing neat about WV. There is so many hollows and hills and old logging and mining roads that finding a place to shoot a pistol is not hard at all. Sometimes I have a favorite place or two to go because I don't feel like going to the range and having company.

10-4 on that Czech 75 for sure.

Bob

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, January 03, 2015, 18:58 (3552 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

Same as you, sometimes instead of going to the range I like to just get out in the woods somewhere. Like you said: No Company.

Shop here had 8 pound jugs of Promo for

by cubrock, Friday, January 02, 2015, 20:35 (3553 days ago) @ Creeker

something like $80 a couple years back. I thought of buying some for pistol loads, but couldn't remember to look up data and reviews when I was home. Dragged my feet, never bought any, then saw they have it for something like $125 for 8 pounds now. Still might pick some up for 9mm loads, though.

Shop here had 8 pound jugs of Promo for

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 07:46 (3550 days ago) @ cubrock

I use promo a lot! It's supposed to be the same weight for weight as red dot, but my tests showed it about 10% hotter velocity wise, which for bulk loading is good because it means you use even less!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Is that the CZ75 "Retro" model?

by Kentucky, Saturday, January 03, 2015, 14:00 (3553 days ago) @ Creeker

Been pondering one of them.

:-D

Is that the CZ75 "Retro" model?

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, January 03, 2015, 18:41 (3552 days ago) @ Kentucky
edited by Creeker, Saturday, January 03, 2015, 19:13

I like this one. Other than a short affair with a 1911 this is my first center fire auto. You can use the DA first shot feature or carry it cocked & locked. It's a fine platform to learn on.

[image]

Didn't answer your question, this pistol is a bring

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, January 03, 2015, 18:56 (3552 days ago) @ Kentucky

back probably purchased by someone in the military through a rod & gun club. They tell me all the imports are marked with the Distributors name on the slide. This one has no such markings so it's called a bring back.......or so I'm told. I think this only applies to the Pre-Bs.

Didn't answer your question, this pistol is a bring

by Bob Hatfield @, Sunday, January 04, 2015, 05:15 (3552 days ago) @ Creeker

At least when the magazine is empty you still have a viable close quarter weapon unlike a polymer weapon. I figure that at one point a cop has probably done the perp a favor by using it as a club on him instead of shooting. Maybe that is jut in the movies LOL.

Bob

Good point Bob

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, January 05, 2015, 13:07 (3551 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

RSS Feed of thread