Paypal ... educate me

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 20:35 (3570 days ago)

Got someone in Europe that wants to buy something and says paypal is the only way he can do it. I have avoided paypal, I will want the money, not have it setting somewhere. What is your experience, if any ?

once it is set up, works effortlessly, and you KNOW you

by cable, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 00:41 (3570 days ago) @ Cherokee

have your $ and deposit it right into your bank account. i have never had a problem. use it all the time.

But you have to give them your bank account number

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 07:42 (3570 days ago) @ cable

for auto deposit and I don't like that. With all the hacking going on and ID stealing, it gets scarry.

I opened a checking account just for this purpose &

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 09:00 (3570 days ago) @ Cherokee

you can transfer money from PP to your account at no charge & take the money out. Very little risk that way.

Paypal ... educate me

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 07:41 (3570 days ago) @ Cherokee

Once you set up your account you can send an invoice or use another tool to request money. There's a cost to the seller of "x" percent that PayPal takes off the top - except for certain gifts. A commercial transaction, however, generates the cost of doing business.

My practice is to NOT leave the money in there but to transfer it to my bank ASAP. Some folks hate them because they are anti-gun. Others take delight in bypassing their rules in one way or another. They are a tool that can cut in a variety of ways. In my experience they have made it easier for me to do things like serve as a collector of funds to pay for this forum (and the related web sites) in an efficient way although I'm north of the Equator but south of the Canal.

When you transfer the moey, do you have to give them

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 07:45 (3570 days ago) @ Paul

a bank account number ? or can they just send you a check ?

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 07:50 (3570 days ago) @ Cherokee

You can have them send you a check. It will take longer, and I'm not sure of the costs since that is an option that I'll never use in my current situation. But you can receive money without tying their account to yours.

Thanks to all

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 11:27 (3570 days ago) @ Paul

nm

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 21:14 (3569 days ago) @ Cherokee

I believe you can receive a check, it just takes longer. I think they will also offer you a 'debit card' for lack of better term that you can put the money on, I guess if you did enough business through them, it could be handy.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

We have used PayPal for Gunblast memberships...

by Boge Quinn, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 18:34 (3569 days ago) @ Cherokee

...for ten years. I know they are anti-gun, but there is just nobody else who offers anything like their level of service, their reliability, and their security. We did open a bank account just for that purpose, and it has worked wonderfully without fail.

RSS Feed of thread