Holy cow....

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, December 15, 2014, 15:01 (3572 days ago)

I think I'm back. Weird as it may be, I have never purchased a computer before nor set one up. Until recently, we had "people" to do that sort of thing.

Welcome back, how's it feel to be with the mere "people"?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, December 15, 2014, 15:25 (3572 days ago) @ Hoot

;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Holy cow....

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, December 15, 2014, 17:15 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

They almost set themselves up now days...welocme back.

Great to see you back so quickly.

by Murphy @, Monday, December 15, 2014, 17:35 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

Enjoy your new confuser!

Murphy

Holy cow....

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Monday, December 15, 2014, 18:02 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

Welcome back, As to the new computer, you'll love it until you hate it and want to kill it. Do not be alarmed, this is the natural order of things.

Holy cow....

by Big Six, Monday, December 15, 2014, 19:03 (3571 days ago) @ Sarge

Welcome back, As to the new computer, you'll love it until you hate it and want to kill it. Do not be alarmed, this is the natural order of things.

You are doing fine. Trust an old man. I just had to get my wife to come upstairs and get me online.

Holy cow....

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Monday, December 15, 2014, 19:33 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

I just got a new one but have an IT family member who set mine up. Any leads on new employment? I went through this many years ago and I ended up doubling my salary. Strange things can happen. I am really puling for you.

Art

Welcome back

by stonewalrus, Monday, December 15, 2014, 19:49 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

We just turn over our computer woes to #1 son.

Glad to see you back Hoot.

by TomC, High Ridge Missouri, Monday, December 15, 2014, 20:00 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

Welcome back. We've missed you.

by mcassill, Monday, December 15, 2014, 20:02 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

Holy cow....

by Paul ⌂, Monday, December 15, 2014, 20:25 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

It's good to "see" you back so soon. I'm "looking" at you from where just a year ago I'd have never thought it'd be possible - out in the boonies at a church campground on the eastern plains. We're here for a week of ministry and relaxation - and have WiFi. Anyway, my point is that technology is changing - usually for the better.

Have fun setting up the new 'puter. As Sarge said, you'll love it 'til you hate it. :-D

Thanks guys!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, December 15, 2014, 20:55 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

Although much of my professional career has been spent in front of one of these screens, I do not consider myself very "techie". I have always been a driver. Give me an application, teach me how it works and then, get out of the way, 'cause I'm driving. Never cared much for what's 'under the hood', what makes it tick and, if there was a problem, I had the Help Desk on speed dial. It's a change in life, for certain.

As for the job...I signed off the last of my papers today. I would be lying if I said it didn't affect me. Technically, I don't ever have to work again. Melodie and I are in a good place financially. That said, I think I'd still like to work. I have 2 or 3 different potential possibilities but I am purposely not thinking about any of that until after the New Year. I think I need some time to complete the 'divorce' in my head and let my feelings be set to rest lest they cloud any remaining judgement.

Anyway, I appreciate the fellowship and support that's been offered up here. You all have made me better for it.

A very grateful,
Hoot

Hi Hoot, Aii will be well. see you soon.

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 07:09 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

- No text -

Seems we have persevered

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 16:09 (3571 days ago) @ Hoot

;-)

Great to have you back...

by Brian A, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 20:07 (3570 days ago) @ Hoot

The place was just not the same while you were gone.

Take y'r time.....

by John Meeker @, United States, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 19:25 (3569 days ago) @ Hoot

and don't put very credence in ex-corporate BS 'reasons'. One thing way too many copr-folks can't stand is honest competence, with no apple polishing, Just doin' the job very well, with no drama either -- eventually makes younger folks nervous and old crocks wondering why you don';t join the corporate-go-round at the country club. Or, sumthin' like that. Don't waste much time on endings-in time they lose their importance and gain new life.. with some thinking ;~`)

With apologies to Ronald Reagan...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 07:07 (3569 days ago) @ John Meeker

"They say corporate jobs are the second oldest profession. I have learned that they bear a striking resemblance to the first."

Thanks for the kind words all. I know I am glad to be done with it but, still and all, I spent better than half my life with that organization and it means something to me. Right now, my head is in more 'vacation' mode than anything else. Not a bad place to be...puttering in the reloading room, keeping the drive clear of winter's grip, planning for Christmas...all good stuff. The future hold much promise and I can't wait to see where we go.

RSS Feed of thread