EK MUSEUM/CABELA'S/NRA

by SIXGUNNER, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 16:59 (3594 days ago)

SOME THINGS TO UNDERSTAND. TED TRIED TO WORK WITH THE NRA AND THE CODY MUSEUM WAY BACK IN THE LATE 1980s. I WAS ON THE BOARD. HE WAS TREATED SHABBILY BY BOTH. CABELA'S TAXIDERMY DEPT FINALLY WENT WITH THE MUSEUM IDEA IN 2006. IN ALL THIS TIME THEY HAVE NEVER, EVER, EVER ADVERTIZED IT IN A SINGLE FLIER, CATALOG, PIECE OF LITERATURE--NOTHING. YOU WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS IN THE STORE IF YOU DIDN'T STUMBLE OVER. THEY TOOK POOR CARE OF IT ALSO. ALMOST ALWAYS DUSTY, LIGHTS BURNED OUT AND THE MANNIQUIN OFTEN DID NOT WORK. BY THE WAY THE WORDS FROM THE MAAIQUIN WERE PUT TOGETHER BY ME AND UTTERED BY AN IMPERSONATOR--VERY GOOD ONE. AS FAR AS KEEPING THE COLLECTION IN THE FAMILY, CONSIDER THE INSURANCE AND SECURITY REQUIRED.

I think anyone ever associated with a museum

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 17:47 (3594 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

understands but it is still a sad thing for fans and family.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

EK MUSEUM/CABELA'S/NRA

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 18:21 (3594 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Thanks for the additional information. Again, it is sad to see it go...

EK MUSEUM/CABELA'S/NRA

by Drago, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 19:50 (3594 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Thirty years later there might be a change in attitude at NRA.

I wonder if NRA still endorses....

by rob @, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 21:42 (3593 days ago) @ Drago

Harry Reid? I've written them for years (and they always say you will get a response within three days...to which I say BS!) about this telling them some day that worthless democrat bastard is gonna show his true colors and if he'd have had the votes he'd have pushed an assault weapons bill through the Senate after the Newtown shooting so fast it would make your head spin. I'm done with the nra as long as they are going to endorse commie libtard democrats.

It would be nice if...

by rob @, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 21:58 (3593 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

A digital memoir of some sort could be put together. Most of the images of his guns in his books are pretty poor. In this age of modern digital photography, preserving the collection digitally, along with the trophies, would seem pretty easy. I would even be willing to buy it in a coffee table type book. It just seems a shame not trying to preserve it somehow.

EK MUSEUM/CABELA'S/NRA

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Monday, November 24, 2014, 06:34 (3593 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Thank you for the information JT.

Very sad, but Rob may be onto something...

by Brian A, Monday, November 24, 2014, 07:48 (3593 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

If some digital photos could be taken of the collection before it is all split up and they, along with a short description of the items could be put into a book, I would certainly buy at least one copy. There is little chance I would ever be able to make it to Boise to see the display, even less that I could afford to own a piece from it at auction, but could definitely find enough cash to buy a book depicting it.

KEITH PICTURES

by SIXGUNNER, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:26 (3593 days ago) @ rob

I HAVE 80 PICTURES FROM THE MUSEUM AS WELL AS PHOTOS I TOOK YEARS AGO OF THE KEITH SIXGUNS. THE MUSEUM PICTURES ARE NOT THE BEST. NOT ANXIOUS TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME MAKING CDs BUT I WILL DO A FEW FOR $10 EACH.

JT, I have a message in to Phil Schreier

by brionic @, Monday, November 24, 2014, 10:13 (3593 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

I don't know if he'll be able to rally support wrt NRA Museum, but he seems to be a decent, like minded gentleman.

I hope he contacts you.

JT, I have a message in to Phil Schreier

by SIXGUNNER, Monday, November 24, 2014, 10:54 (3593 days ago) @ brionic

I'VE ALREADY TALKED TO HIM SEVERAL TIMES AS WELL AS SENDING PICTURES TO HIM

I'm in...

by rob @, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 07:38 (3592 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Just let me know where and when to send the $10 and I'll do it. I would love to have a copy.

KEITH CD TO ROB

by SIXGUNNER, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:40 (3592 days ago) @ rob

ON THE WAY. FREE TODAY TO ALL IRISHMEN WHO SAT IN MY FAMILY ROOM LISTENING TO CACTUS TELL "PONCHO VILLA"!

KEITH PICTURES

by Kings6, Dallas, OR, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 11:14 (3592 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Good morning JT. I would take a CD of pictures if you are going to make a few. IF this is ok, just let me know and I'll drop $10 in the mail to you.

You are right about Cabelas not taking care of the exhibit. I went through there a few weeks ago and stopped at the store just so my wife could see the display and see some of the guns that have inspired some of my customs. Her comment was about why they did not keep the display dusted or kept up. It is sad to know that such a treasure is now gone. Hopefully if the pieces do go to auction, we can find out about it. Not sure we could afford a single piece but it would be worth a try.

Robb

KEITH PICTURES

by SIXGUNNER, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 11:45 (3592 days ago) @ Kings6

NEED YOUR MAILING ADDRESS

Mr. Wayne Baker

by Bud, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 12:49 (3592 days ago) @ Brian A

said he was going to contact the owner of Bass Pro Shops and see if he'd be interested in housing or even buying the whole nine yards. I wonder if he was able to do so.

The NRA will

by Bud, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 12:56 (3592 days ago) @ Bud

take the guns as a donation, but they will not come up with the bucks to purchase them.

KEITH PICTURES

by Kings6, Dallas, OR, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 16:01 (3592 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Robb Barnes
P.O. Box 1037
Dallas, OR 97338

Thank you JT, I will drop payment in the mail in the morning.

Robb

KEITH PICTURES

by SIXGUNNER, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 16:25 (3592 days ago) @ Kings6

NO CHARGE

KEITH PICTURES

by matt/pa @, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 17:37 (3592 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

I will take one of those CDs, JT. Just let me know where to send the funds.

Matt

KEITH PICTURES

by Kings6, Dallas, OR, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 17:54 (3592 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Sorry Chief, payment already headed to Pomona St.!

KEITH PICTURES

by SIXGUNNER, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 19:59 (3592 days ago) @ matt/pa

6410 W. POMONA RD. BOISE IDAHO 83704

KEITH PICTURES

by SIXGUNNER, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 20:02 (3592 days ago) @ Kings6

GOES TO CHARITY!

Would love to have been there...lol

by rob @, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 23:03 (3591 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

You must be talking about Rob Leahy....I'm Rob Adams. I'll send the check to the address listed below along with my address. Thank you taking the time to put these on a disk...can't wait to see it.

KEITH PICTURES

by Kings6, Dallas, OR, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 23:41 (3591 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

If I would have known that JT, I would have stuffed a $20 in the envelope.

If Bass-Pro...

by Brian A, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 06:47 (3591 days ago) @ Bud

were to move it all to Springfield, there is a much better chance I will make it there to see the collection.

KEITH PICTURES

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 14:54 (3591 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

I would love to have a CD of these pictures. I'll drop $10 in the mail today.

Jim Nelson
18 Arnedo Ln
Hot Springs Village, AR 71909

Any updates on the Book of the .45 and the Double Action Revolver book?

Thanks

RSS Feed of thread