Apple’s Newest Designer Reimagines the Shotgun

by Bruce in WV, Friday, November 21, 2014, 16:37 (3596 days ago)

Anybody know more about this new Beretta shotgun?

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/apples-newest-designer-reimagines-shotgun/

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, November 21, 2014, 17:07 (3596 days ago) @ Bruce in WV

I'm not a shotgun guy, but to me, it looks like a normal double barrel shotgun. Craftsmanship I'm sure is great, but still a normal DB shotgun...did I miss something?

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 07:06 (3595 days ago) @ Cherokee

It's a very NICE double barrel. There are subtle "improvements" to the DESIGN [looks, appearance] such as the safety button is surrounded by wood, you don't see the steel underneath that it is attached to. But it's still just a double barrel shotgun. When we think of "reimagining" the shotgun we tend to think along the terms of some of the new "plastic fantastic" designs such as Keltec, not merely a subtle resculpting of a standard design. This guy seems to think redoing wood and steel profiles is "reimagining"...

by Ken ONeill @, Hickory, N.C., Sunday, November 23, 2014, 06:32 (3594 days ago) @ Paul

I guess it is reimagined through the engraving of the "...slaughtered flocks..." of the "...imported quail...". The Berettas wouldn't characterize any game scenes as slaughtering.
I don't know if the Apple designer is a greenie, but the writer sure is. Nice looking double, though.

RSS Feed of thread