Ferguson, MO fallout

by stonewalrus, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 17:49 (3597 days ago)

I just saw something indicating protest locations have been picked for Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga and Oak Ridge here in TN. I am sure it is true across the country. It appears they intend to start the day after the grand jury verdict. Watch your six!!!

Ferguson, MO fallout

by stonewalrus, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:17 (3597 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Y-12 targeted as protest site tied to Ferguson fallout
Frank Munger
5:21 PM, Nov 20, 2014
3 hours ago
local news

The Y-12 nuclear weapons plant is on a security alert after the Oak Ridge plant was listed as one of dozens of sites around the United States that may be the scene of protests following a grand jury decision in the case of the Aug. 9 fatal shooting in Ferguson, Mo.

According to the Tumblr website for the “Ferguson National Response Network,” a protest would occur at Y-12 at 7 p.m. on the day that the grand jury decision is announced. The decision, according to CNN, could come as early as Friday.

The John J. Duncan Federal Building in downtown Knoxville is also listed as a protest site the day after the announcement.

Ferguson, MO fallout

by Catoosa, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 23:58 (3596 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I don't imagine that Hunter's Point is on that list, but I will be prepared, just in case......

I dang sure am not going to Nashville anytime soon.

Ferguson, MO fallout

by Ken ONeill @, Hickory, N.C., Friday, November 21, 2014, 06:44 (3596 days ago) @ Catoosa

Maggots.

Ferguson, MO fallout

by StoneWolf, Friday, November 21, 2014, 07:58 (3596 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Think the Feds might be interested in that selection, of all the places why pick a weapons plant? It has nothing to do with the situation. I can see police stations and courthouses.

Same here - targeting a high security govt installation?!!!

by stonewalrus, Friday, November 21, 2014, 08:40 (3596 days ago) @ StoneWolf

Nm

This is obviously a much bigger agenda that has very little

by stonewalrus, Friday, November 21, 2014, 08:44 (3596 days ago) @ StoneWolf

To do with Ferguson but they are using it as a rallying cry.

The leaders are America-hating communists.

by mcassill, Friday, November 21, 2014, 09:49 (3596 days ago) @ StoneWolf

Its the sort of thing America-hating communists do.

The leaders are America-hating communists.

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Friday, November 21, 2014, 14:04 (3596 days ago) @ mcassill

Precisely. This is a reincarnation of the 'occupy' anti-everything movement, using blacks to accomplish nasty jobs they won't do themselves. Anything for an excuse to disrupt normal America and wreck somebody else's stuff.

That what Alinsky community organizers do!

by rob @, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 11:49 (3595 days ago) @ Sarge

Im hoping they cross enough boundaries to fill the morgues with them. As was said earlier...maggots.

Oak Ridge...

by pokynojoe, Friday, November 21, 2014, 11:01 (3596 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Ever since that 80 year old nun snuck into Y-12 a couple years ago, you can't get anywhere near that place. I drew a tag for Tower Shielding over there and was bow hunting several weeks ago. There were more tactical types running around with serious ordinance than hunters.

Just as an aside, I killed a nice 8 point on the reservation there about six years ago. When you draw a tag, if you kill one you have to check it out with the complex. They check your deer for radiation, and if it's too high, you don't get to take it home. I checked my deer in, and never saw it again. That was the only deer I ever killed there.

I'm a little conflicted about hunting there anymore.

It seems there's a protest over there every month. The local news stations don't even bother to cover it anymore.

You mean the bullet/arrow didn't bounce off?!?

by stonewalrus, Friday, November 21, 2014, 13:35 (3596 days ago) @ pokynojoe

From what I have heard they have been doing that for over 30 years. They are real proud of themselves when only 2 or 3 deer are "hot" in a season.

RSS Feed of thread