Visit with the SR leather folks..............

by bmize, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 15:25 (3612 days ago)

Had a great visit with Rob, Jan and Kellie.
He gave me a tour of the shop(very nice), road around the neighborhood(several miles of high desert I would call it) on the gator and saw a few local critters, played with a few toys(wow), had a great meal out on the deck and watched a wonderful sunset.
Could not ask for nicer people to spend the day with or a nicer view from the deck.

Thank you for your great hospitality, hopefully we can do it again in the future.

ATB

Visit with the SR leather folks..............

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 16:08 (3612 days ago) @ bmize

I heard he was a nice guy.:-D :usa:

Vicious rumor...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, November 06, 2014, 08:52 (3611 days ago) @ Fivegunner

but thanks ;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Rob and Jan are some of my favorite people.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, November 06, 2014, 06:08 (3611 days ago) @ bmize

We hope to go visit one day soon.

"Someday Soon" I need you here RIGHT AFTER Thanksgiving

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, November 06, 2014, 08:42 (3611 days ago) @ Hoot

We have holsters to build;-) Call me when you can.

--

Barry! Great to have you up. Glad we got to see some deer &

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, November 06, 2014, 08:44 (3611 days ago) @ bmize

antelope...ever that you jack rabbit was fun to see. How did you do at the matches?

--

Yep. I was suprised to see a canecutter in the desert.......

by bmize, Thursday, November 06, 2014, 12:48 (3611 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

After being home for a day and the stresses here piling on as soon as I walked in, I'm ready to leave again.
Matches went ok. When I got out there my load started shooting some crazy verticle that it did not do here, as the week went on it just got worse. Several folks said it was the range(fishtailing over the side berm), I just don't think so.
Crazy thing was the more the wind blew the better it shot, I shot 2 cleans when the wind was kicking 7-10mph. Couple of matches it was calm were my worst scores.
I finished 8th in the regional and 21st in the nationals.
A few other folks were shooting this same new Lapua bullet and having the same trouble. All of us have had success with it at 600, but 1k was a different story.
Need to find a 1k range to do some testing........

Again, I enjoyed the visit, hope we can do it again one day.

RSS Feed of thread