Cooler Weather

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:06 (3624 days ago)

We have had some cooler weather this fall than normal, but then it got hot again, well it looks like next week we will finally cool off to decent temps, highs in the upper 60s. Been doing some casting, trying to get back in form after 4 months of not casting. Should have a new heavyweight 45 caliber sixgun (or 5) mold today, when I traded in my old Jeep, the dealer over paid the balance on it, got a check, they said it was mine, so being not very sensible, I ordered a new mold. Will post pictures of the product this weekend.

[image]

Received the mold, only complaint

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, October 24, 2014, 22:25 (3624 days ago) @ Dave B

Is the lack of communication. I asked questions before I ordered, and during the ordering process, none were answered. The mold is well built, being aluminum, I will have to use extreme caution, and try to forgo my heavy handed ways. I am prepping it now, hope to cast a few in the morning prior to this weekends practice session. I will try them in the 454 and 45 Colt. Very excited, and I am sure the workload is the reason behind no communication, not intending to bash, as this is obviously a very well made product.

Dave

Here it is.

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, October 25, 2014, 14:51 (3623 days ago) @ Dave B

[image]
[image]
New bullets, still working on becoming acquainted with the mold, but I like them. This is as big as I want to go in the Freedom Arms. The bullet on the right is my 325 gr WFNGC.

RSS Feed of thread