Calling Simply Rugged Customer service….

by cas, Sunday, September 07, 2014, 19:40 (3671 days ago)

So Rob, can you make a Cattleman for a gun with a front sight this prodigious? (where I won't be slowly sawing the holster open)
Oversized sight and oversized cylinder.

And what's the lead time on holsters for slightly mutant guns. Every year I think about a holster, then realize I won't have it in time to hunt with… then put it off another 12 months. Then repeat.

[image]

Cas, nice looking handgun is it a .44mag ??

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Monday, September 08, 2014, 03:49 (3670 days ago) @ cas

Or a .45 colt? . :-D

Neither. It's a 500 Linebaugh done by Clement's Custom Guns

by AkRay, Monday, September 08, 2014, 04:32 (3670 days ago) @ Fivegunner

With the extreee high front sight for 500+ grain bullets.

by cas, Monday, September 08, 2014, 07:44 (3670 days ago) @ AkRay
edited by cas, Monday, September 08, 2014, 07:47

That's the other thing I put off every year, a fiber optic sight. As much as it offends me ascetically, when I get in the dark woods where I hunt, I just can't see the regular front sight. I've slowly gone to FO on as many as I can.

Seems unimaginable to me that I've owned that gun almost 15 years now. I can still remember reading about them in G&A when I was in high school, Seyfried's articles, reading them and thinking that's really cool, but I'll never own one of those.

You can see it's loaded.

by cas, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:30 (3670 days ago) @ cas

That's how I "hunt" now. Walking around the woods, laying my guns down and taking pictures of them.
:D

cas, my hunting adventures are turning the same way

by AkRay, Monday, September 08, 2014, 12:36 (3670 days ago) @ cas

I get to go moose hunting in a great area next week for the entire work week. I'm already thinking that it might be nice to cut it short and come back early. I think I'd be happy to just buy a frozen beef and load up my freezer that way. I was hiking with my wife and daughter a couple of days ago and carrying my 16" 1895 and a suitable handgun. I spent a lot of steps thinking about my recliner at home and how much nicer it will be this winter to sit there and dream about summer activities just like the one I was currently on. Shame on me!

Yes we can accomadate that and 10 days is fairly typical

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:17 (3670 days ago) @ cas

turn around, at the moment.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

And what if I want some special touch?

by cas, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:28 (3670 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Like having it hand made by topless Tahitian girls? (I'm not paying to fly you to Tahiti, you have to have one brought in.)

What's the best way to place this slightly non standard order? Just email you the measurements and what I want?

E-MAIL IS FINE Dang caps loc...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:47 (3670 days ago) @ cas

I ain't going back
;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Now that I've played around with the online form

by cas, Monday, September 08, 2014, 16:23 (3670 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

And see there's room for additional information, I'll just use that.

RSS Feed of thread